Friday, June 23, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, Peeps!  It's been a while since I've posted about Friday Favorites. It's not that I've been boycotting Friday or anything - I mean, who would do that? It's just that normally by Thursday nights, I'm over the week and if I'm not tidying the house for the maid to come the next day, I'm relaxing with a book and an adult beverage. But this week, I decided to try to get back in the swing of things and here are some of my favorites!




//one// Y'all!  What can I say?  This pic showed up on my Insta feed and I seriously busted out laughing!  These two royal look alikes totally crack me up!! I'd like to think that they have such a fun and mischievous relationship!  It makes me smile that the Queen has seemed to "soften" as she grows older. Diana would be so proud!



//two.// Look who caught me in the church parking lot last Sunday! I got out of the car and heard, "Laaaaurrraa! I thought that was you!" Some of you will recognize Mrs. Lea from her blog, CiCi's Corner, and if you don't, well, please stop by and tell her I sent you! Lea and I first met last year at a basketball game, so it had been a while since we had seen each other. She and her husband were attending our church with her son and his family. Cutest granddaughters, evah!


//three.// Recently, we were at Newk's and I just wasn't in the mood for a sandwich. I heard someone in line behind us say, "Their mac and cheese is really, really good," and I was in the mood for comfort food I guess, so I decided to try it. Oh. my. goodness. Order the mac and cheese! I just ordered the "plain" mac and cheese, but I think for the summer, they have quite the variety of one of my favorite side dishes! 

//four.// I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't watched the season finale of This Is Us yet.  I know.  Don't judge. But I will soon. Very soon.  In the meantime, get ready for September 26th. Doesn't that sound so far away? Be sure to set those DVRs, girls!


//five.// Love getting emails from our local library that my book requests are in and so excited to get these two since they're on my summer reading list! However, I feel the pressure to get them read quickly because, I don't know if your library does this or not, but ours will not renew a book if it has been placed on request by someone else.  You either have to turn it back in or pay the late fine. Really? 


//six.// Check out these wine glasses, y'all, from a local boutique! Talk about bling!  These would be perfect for hosting a bachelorette party, bridal shower, or Girls Night Out!  On my way to pick up two, or three, or eight of these babies this weekend!  I LOVE them! 


//seven.// I hate to end things with an odd number - the OCD in me is coming out - but I have to say that the "Sam" that my friend, Deina, painted for me is just THE cutest! Can't wait to get our front door all festive this weekend! Maybe I'll share a pic next week!


Here are some other posts from this week that you might enjoy reading: 4th of July Inspiration, Royally Waiting Wednesday, and Pinterest Five

14 comments:

  1. Happy FRI-YAY my precious!! I just love Lea, I found her through beautiful you!!! You two are my southern sweeties!!! OH Uncle Sam, you make my heart swell!!! I am wishing you all things cool and great this weekend my friend. Your foundation on your wing at the new house has been poured, lol! We are well on our way!! LOVES ya to pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek! I so wanna come visit when you have "my wing" all finished! I just know it and your new home is going to look AH-MAZing!! I hope you see only sun shiny skies this weekend, Love!

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday friend. What fun to run into another blogger unexpectedly. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Just like I ran into YOU a few years ago! Best afternoon visit EVAH!

      Delete
  3. Your Uncle Sam is so freaking cute! I don't drink, but those glasses are so cool and would be a fun addition. Yes, our library is the same way and it is so annoying. I have so much DVRing to get caught up on, too. I'm going to try that show Big Little Lies that was on HBO based on the Lianne Moriarty book soon. Hope you guys have a fun weekend and missed some of the crumminess that Cindy brought with her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have liked to try Big Little Lies, too, but we don't get HBO. Lianne Moriarty is not a favorite author of mine (I know! GASP! Right?!), but I would still like to give the show a shot. Enjoy your weekend, Allie!

      Delete
  4. Oh, that picture of the Queen and princess is hysterical! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too, Amy! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. I hate the pressure of libraries sometimes. But it does make me devour a book faster than I may typically read.
    Mac & Cheese is ALWAYS a win to me. YUM!!!
    I love seeing the Queen seem to be a little lighter in attitude. Being a great grandmother I think has swayed her a bit. I really do think William & Harry has an effect on her too. Those boys... they are just the cutest. I'm with you - Diana would be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would agree that the Queen being a great-grandmother has probably changed her more than anything! And that's the way Diana wanted it; for her boys to be raised with a some-what "normal" upbringing. Her legacy lives on!

      Delete
  6. Awe, Laura, love that picture! I'm just seeing it as I had emergency eye surgery yesterday for torn retinas in each eye. It's been very scary and I pray that the laser surgery repairs them. Love the Queen's and Charlotte's picture. How cute! Mac and Cheese, what's not to like about that. Happy rest of the weekend dearie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Mrs. Lea! I am so sorry to hear about that!! My eye sight is so poor myself and I get nervous when I have to go to the eye doctor, but I've been fortunate with Haik and Humble. Just wish I had the nerve to have Lasik surgery. Praying for you!

      Delete
  7. I love This is Us! I jumped on the bandwagon late, but it took me like two days to catch up on demand. Obsessed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its such a great show!

      Delete