Monday, June 26, 2017

Weekend Recap

I have to say that it was all things red, white, and blue this weekend over at our house! We were on point with the upcoming 4th of July holiday!

On Friday evening, I decided to make our favorite M&M Cookies because LUCKY ME found the patriotic colored M&Ms on a recent Target run. I can never find the seasonal M&Ms, regardless of the season, but I bet I can find the coconut and coffee flavored ones any day of the week!  Bleh! We love these cookies!  You'll have to try them to see what the "secret ingredient" is! I was surprised the first time I made them! 



If we're home on Friday nights, 99.372% of the time, we're having pizza.  We either have it delivered, make our own personal pizzas in our outdoor pizza oven, OR have pizza cupcakes, which we really haven't had in a while and Alise was begging for them, so I let her make them. And if you saw my snap and was wondering why my child was sporting her dad's old green t-shirt with holes in it and no pants, well, that's how my tween is rolling these days. At least around the house. WHEN she decides to get out of bed.


My mom came over after supper and helped me start decorating our front door for the 4th. That is, until a monsoon from the aftermath of tropical storm Cindy decided to rear it's ugly head and I thought we might get electrocuted by the fan we had blowing on us to keep the nasty mosquitos away. Ugh! Still working on it!



Then it was time for Stephanie's game and unfortunately, we had to watch it via box score. Also, unfortunately, the team suffered their first loss of the season, so I didn't even talk to Steph afterwards because I knew she would be mad. She hates to lose and would rather be left alone to sulk and get over it in her own way. Baby Girl had another double-double, though, and brought her team within two points at the end of the third quarter, but for some crazy reason her coach took her out at the beginning of the fourth quarter. Why you would take a player out that's hot is beyond me. 

On Saturday morning, I had a nice, quiet morning to myself. We finally got to see some sunshine!  Wayne went to help a friend and Alise slept until I had to get her up for her hair appointment at 12:00. We had a late lunch, went shopping, and treated ourselves to ice cream! I wore a red, white, and blue ensemble - in a cute way, of course! Sorry. No pic to prove it. 



Supper was al fresco by the pool. Our new favorite steak recipe with a tossed salad and garlic bread. I even got brave and stuck my legs in from the edge. Maybe it was the glass of wine. We had banana pudding for dessert! And then is was time for another Saturday night basketball game!!

Sunday morning, I woke up with an horrendous back ache and spent most of the morning laying on the heating pad and watching Titanic with Wayne. I know that's four hours of his life he'll never get back! HA! We had a rather lengthy discussion as to whether or not Rose died or whether she was dreaming when she met Jack at the clock at the end of the movie.  What do you think?

That afternoon, he and Alise went to the movies with friends to see, "Transformers" (insert eye roll) and so I had the entire house to myself again. I read, took a nap, made a strawberry poke cake and another sheet pan dinner for supper. I see a habit forming, but I am so enjoying the no-mess clean up afterwards! Alise and I watched Food Network Star and continued to cheer on Cory. I made Wayne promise me that if he made it to the final two contestants that we would go to his after party here in town at the end of the summer. 

And THAT was our weekend! And it was wonderful! 

9 comments:

  1. I always assumed she died... but that's true, it could have been a dream. I've never thought of it that way - I prefer that ;) I'm still angry she throws the necklace back in the water. UGHHHH

    Hope your back is better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I can't believe Rose threw the necklace back, either! I'm like, "SISTER!! Really??"

      Delete
  2. It did sound wonderful! Another reason I love you is your commitment to America! Since Mr. Nine and my daddy are both veterans, I have even more pride. You will find me in red, white and blue for the next two weeks!! Sorry bout Steph's loss and tell Alise, pizza cupcakes look delicious! Hope your back is feeling much better and Go Cory!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daddy was in the Coast Guard and it killed my soul that I could not find the exact picture I was looking for on Father's Day last week! It's a picture of him dressed in his sailor uniform and when I was growing up, my Grandmother always kept the picture on her console table. #memories

      Delete
  3. Girl! You squeezed a lot into the weekend. Hope your back is feeling better. I hate back issues. I just picked up a pack of red, white & blue M&M's at Target this weekend to make cookies. I'll check out the recipe you use. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Target is the only place I can find those M&Ms!!

      Delete
  4. Those cookies sound awesome- and too funny, I can't find the r,w,b M&Ms at my Target and had wanted to make the pretzel snaps. Darn! We plan to make that sheet pan flank steak again soon! Hope you guys have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you crammed it all in this past weekend, Family time, daughter time, Hubby time and some YOU time. That works! The cookies are so festive and look yummy too. Wishing you and red, white and blue week as we prepare for our nations birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I'm with you on your weekends (thanks to SC)!!! I am glad you had a good one sans the back and the basketball loss. XOXO

    ReplyDelete