Remember two weeks ago when I talked about the silence of winter? Well, I actually got to experience it for like fifteen seconds yesterday when I walked outside to get a quick pic of our snow covered home. Stark whiteness, sheer silence. It's like the world stood still.
And then I walked back inside the house to a blaring TV, the dog barking, and soup overflowing on the stove.
Life goes on.
- A co-worker with twins has talked me into using Walmart's app for grocery pick up. She says it has changed her life. Lord knows I need all the change (for the better of course!) in my life right now, so I downloaded the app. However, because we were out of town this past weekend - and I absolutely hate going to the grocery store after work - I haven't used it yet. We've eaten out of the freezer and pantry this week, but I'll keep you posted about how I like it once I try it.
- I was so excited to learn that "ultra violet" aka purple was chosen as Pantone's color of the year. Y'all know purple is my favorite color and to celebrate, I'm furiously trying to find something new in that shade. Looks like even the Queen is getting in on the action. Simply beautiful.
- And speaking of the Queen, how come NOBODY told me about the LPB series, "Victoria"? Oh my gosh! I just happened to see the previews for the second season last week and recorded the first episode. It comes on Sundays at 8pm.
- I'm really missing Chic-Fit-a's chicken salad these days. If you didn't know already, late last summer, SOMEBODY made the executive decision to take it off the menu. With little time between meetings on Tuesday, I swung into the cafeteria to order a cs sandwich. Bad decision. I hate when I'm disappointed thinking something is going to taste good and it doesn't.
- I have a question about Instagram Stories. Love 'em or hate 'em? I don't do much on IGS, preferring mostly to stick to Snap Chat, but even now, I've decided to take a break from that, too. I'm really trying to "rein in" my time on social media. Having said that, I have some IG peeps that I follow and I really love their stories, but some people just go on and on and on with the talking. It's like a marathon to get through and I don't like that. I like shorter versions and prefer pics on IGS next to excessive monologues.
- We've been enjoying some Sneaux Days here the last few days and so my road trip was cancelled. I am extremely grateful for that! However, Alise did wake up running fever yesterday morning, so I'm keeping my eye on her and praying it's not the flu.
- Speaking of my tween, she's binge watching Beverly Hills 90210. The 90s version. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. She keeps asking me about certain characters and episodes and even though I've seen them all, I have no idea what she's talking about.
- I had a crown put on the tooth that I had a root canal on this time last year. That office visit may have required xanax. I'm still hurting.
Have a great weekend, Peeps! I'll be celebrating for the next five days!