Monday, July 03, 2017

The TBB Asks...


Hello Loves and Hello 4th of July Eve! Haha! I've already told y'all that Independence Day is one of my favorite holidays, right?  Like, it ranks right up in the top three no doubt! So today, I'm linking up with the Blended Blog Babes for a "post that nearly writes itself" - said someone, but I can't remember who? The questions are fun and I so enjoy the summer prompts this time of year when I seem to be in a writing slump (even though I have more time on my hands this time of year than any other!). Here are my answers!

1. Favorite Animal
I have a thing for pandas.  Ever since we saw the Chinese pandas at the Memphis zoo a few years ago, I've just thought they were so cute and cuddly.

2. Wine or beer
Definitely wine. My favorite is Kendall Jackson Chardonnay. No beer at all. Bleh!

3. Socks on/off while sleeping
No socks. My husband on the other hand...

4. One piece or two piece swimsuit
A two piece for laying out by the pool with my girlfriends, but a one piece with family and friends. And a cute cover up, too!

5. Cooking at home or eating out
This one is hard because I enjoy both. I love entertaining and having friends over. I also love our family night dinners out with our girls and date night with my man. I guess I would have to say that I really like both!

6. Pepsi or Coke
Y'all already know the answer to this one.  It really ticks me off when we go to a restaurant and all they serve is Pepsi products! And THEN when they say that they don't serve sweet tea, that just about sends me over the edge. That's normally when I jump back on the water wagon. I'm a Diet Coke girl through and through!

7. Regular or electric toothbrush
I JUST started using an electric toothbrush, y'all. I guess I'm just old school and I've just always used what worked. The verdict is still out. When Alise got her braces last week, the ortho gave her an electric toothbrush, which I thought was strange that she can't have things like chips and popcorn, but she can use an electric toothbrush on her braces? Weird. 

8. Candy or chocolate
Definitely chocolate! 

9. Coffee or tea
Sweet tea.

10. Music or talk radio
Music

11. Chick flick, action movie, or documentary
I prefer a chick flick or a great drama

12. Regular or mechanical pencil
The accounting nerd in me is coming out: just give me a great No. 2 pencil!

13. Swimming or laying out
Laying out with friends with an adult beverage in my hand. Always.

14. Dog or cat
Dog. We have a schnauzer named Jack. I'm debating on whether or not to include him in the family picture this year.  What do you think?

15. What do you drive? SUV, van, or sedan?
SUV

16. Early bird catches the worm or night owl?
I'm a morning person. I mean, I do stay up late, but I also like to get up early and start my day.

17. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? This is a hard question for me. It would be a toss up between tacos and spaghetti.  I tell my tribe all the time that we're Italexican!

18. While sleeping, phone with you or another room? 
Phone beside me on my nightstand.  Sometimes I turn the ringer off and sometimes I leave it on.  Now that I have a daughter in another country, the ringer stays on more during the night.

19. Singing in the shower, yes or no?
Definitely no. But the TV in our bedroom is close to our bathroom, so I may be known for cranking up the 80s channel while I'm taking a shower and getting ready. 

20. Oreo cookies: eat whole, pull apart, or dip in milk?
Love this question.  It's been years since I've dunked Oreos in milk.  That use to be my go-to snack after walking two miles when I was on the Weight Watcher diet about fifteen years ago.  However, my favorite way to enjoy Oreos now is in homemade ice cream!  What can I say?

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL 4th of July holiday! We are so blessed as a nation and I pray that God continues to bless the USA!!

24 comments:

  1. lol I'm the same with diet coke, I always feel so sslighted when somewhere have pepsi products - diet pepsi doesn't even come close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from the birthplace of Pepsi and think it's the nastiest crap on the planet! If my baby were in another country the dang phone would be on my bedside on SCREAMING loud every night!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie was sick last week. In the hospital getting IVs. Ugh! And there was nothing I could do! A friend of ours brought over Pepsi Saturday night for our pre-4th party and I was like WTH?!? Apparently I didn't know her as well as I thought I did! HA!

      Delete
  3. This is a super fun post!!! I agree - Coke is always my preference, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun post! I like Diet Coke, but I'll drink Diet Pepsi in a pinch. And I can't stand to sleep in socks! Have a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sock question...I'd like to know how that one came up! I don't even wear socks in the winter time. They make me have hot sweats! HA! The only time I was able to drink Diet Pepsi was when I was pregnant with Alise.

      Delete
  5. No. 2 pencil all the way baby! I'm pround to say I knew a lot if this about you and solidified my love and "we're so much alike!" This was so fun, I wanted to do this but we are on vacay so sneaking in a few of my favorite reads! Love ya so much! Happy 4th baby doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW!! Thanks for thinking of me on your vacay! Now, get back to it!! Enjoy, Sister!

      Delete
  6. I'm 10000% not a beer person either. BLEEHHHH
    I always feel like I'm the rare person that still uses pencils. At work. I'm the only one who orders them & have a pencil sharpener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! We have a pencil sharpener in our department that we all share.

      Delete
  7. Italexican...bahahaha. I love it. I definitely could not do without tacos in my life. I need to get on the electric toothbrush wagon I guess but I so haven't. Maybe Santa needs to bring for everyone this year haha

    Thanks for linking up with us! I hope you have a great 4th with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelly! Hope y'all have a great 4th, too!

      Delete
  8. Yes to the #2 pencil, there's nothing better then that! I answered the same exact way! and I love your answer to the bathing suite, I think I'm going to change my answer to that :) I did wear a two piece yesterday when it was just my family, so I guess I'd be the same as you. Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike!

      Delete
  9. Diet coke for the win, every time! And I hear ya on the phone being turned on when the kiddos are away! Hope you have a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should definitely include Jack in the family pic because he is part of the family! I don't like beer, but I love margaronas. That's a margarita with a corona! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack appreciates you thinking of him! Lol! Unfortunately, I had a margarona once and I didn't care for it. It's just something about that beer taste! Happy 4th of July!

      Delete
  11. I'm the same way about Oreos- not really a fan unless they're crushed up in a dessert. Love that you're Italexican! Is that a box to check on the census? :) Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! You are too funny, Allie! Wouldn't that be neat?!

      Delete
  12. Cute meme, I need to check it out. Enjoyed your answers and wishing you a happy 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 4th of July! Interesting to know that the electric toothbrush was endorsed by the ortho. Then again, I'm not a doctor! My husband could eat tacos every day too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Italexican- that's awesome! Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete