Friday, June 30, 2017

Sentence A Day: June In Review

Hello, Friends!!

For the month of June, I decided to try something new as far as recapping our month and when I saw this linkup for A Sentence A Day on Foxy's Domestic Side (because she left me the sweetest comment!), I decided right then that I was going to do it! I even discovered the i-phone app, Gratitude 365, and I'm loving it as well, too! Here's a daily snippet of our life for the month of June. 

1.)  Girls Night Out and my famous chocolate cheese ball!


2.) Hair day! I feel blonde again! I'm loving my new stylist!

3.) Family date to see Wonder Woman!! We loved it!

4.) Somebody didn't get the memo about wearing red to church - and it wasn't me! - to hear a sermon about dinosaurs. For real. 

5.) This goober sent me a picture from the dentist chair while I was at work that made me smile. 




6.) Challenge accepted via IG at laurahorton0120!

7.) We didn't say "good-bye," but yet we said, "see ya in August!" to this Baby Girl! Wayne had to work and couldn't get off in time to meet us at the airport.

8.) Having a BLAST on the bayou!



9.) Pizza and Root Beer Floats for dessert!



10.) Steak night pool side and watched Stephanie's first overseas basketball game for the WIN!

11.) Give me Jesus and a new yummy recipe

12.) Alise is packed and ready for camp!

13.) My little camper is off to Texas and Wayne and I are empty nesters for the week enjoying #TacoTuesday!


14.) #datenight


15.) #appnight

16.) My favorite camper is back home and we're spending the evening washing windows. Don't ask. 

17.) Pool Day! 

18.) Happy Father's Day to this AH-mAZing man!  And flank steak for the WIN!



19.) Just another Manic Monday! 

20.) The other two-thirds of our family had dentist appointments and then #GNO to see Rough Night with the girls!


21.) First official day of summer 2017 and it was cloudy and rainy all day! #tropicalstormcindy

22.) More rain.

23.) Mom came over and helped me decorate our front door for the 4th of July! In the rain.


24.) Errand day with this Girlie! 



25.) A quiet Sunday at home. 

26.) "Mama, I'm in the hospital getting IVs," is NOT what you want to hear when your twenty-three year old is in another country. 

27.) And...just like that, the front door is done! I even bought more stuff today to add to it next year!



28.) Baby Girl got braces!!!


29.) It's the little things like a new shower head!


30.) I don't write out the scriptures everyday anymore, but I do use them as part of my daily quiet time. And now you can, too!

And that wraps up our month of June!  Looking forward to even more summer fun and laziness in July!

20 comments:

  1. HOW FUN was this!! Wow, Wayne does way better in the dentist chair than us!! I know that one day I shall have that cheese ball of yours!! We plan on seeing wonder woman next week on vacation at the old school theater. You guys just ooze fun and sweetness!! Love ya all and wishing you a weekend as beautiful as your are!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea of writing a sentence a day! I am going to get that gratitude app right now. Thank you for sharing. Looks like you had a fun month. I'm in shock that July is here already. I hope Stephanie is feeling better. I know it must have scared you when she said she was in the hospital! Have a happy 4th of July weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amy!! Yes, I have been so worried about Stephanie but she's pulled through! Got a game tonight and tomorrow! Hope you have a great 4th too!!

      Delete
  3. Cool post idea! I love the added sunflowers into your front door decor- super cute! Hope you guys have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did it!!! Impressed!!! You're going to love looking back at this down the road.
    I love your front door. So festive!!!
    I love the dentist pic too with the hygienist smiling in it.
    Love a good scripture plan - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually my best friend's sister in the background! Too funny!

      Delete
  5. What a great idea for a post! Loved your recap lady-bug! Happy Weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea! I'm joining in for July, and already downloaded the app. Thanks for posting such a fun run-down of your month! have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Tanya! I'm glad one of my favorite bloggers and friends will be doing this with me next month!

      Delete
  7. Oh I love this! That would terrify me - the call from your 23 yr old in another country getting IV fluids in the hospital! And you're totally right, you cannot beat a new shower head! Am your newest follower! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your front door is very cute and festive. That chocolate cheese ball looks delish. I'd eat the whole thing. I keep hearing good things about Wonder Woman. I'll probably watch the film when it comes out on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder Woman was sooo good that we're trying to find another time to see it this summer! Thank you for your comment about my front door. It's definitely a work in progress!!

      Delete
  9. okay can I just come eat what you eat? Everything looked so good, and that chocolate ball thing, yummy! We just saw Wonder Woman last night, so good! Thanks for linking up and being so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Laura,

    Thank you for sharing your June diary. I love your new haircut and your blonde hair and your daughter's new braces. I saw Wonder Woman yesterday and loved it as well!
    X
    Miri
    http://currentlywearing.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laura---it was so enjoyable reading your month post!! I love doing this and looking back.
    But don't keep us in suspense, is your daughter okay?? Why did she need the IV's????
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of smiles in your month which was lovely to see. That chocolate cheese ball looks decadent! It is great to hang out with good friends isn't it?
    Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to have you join us for Sentence a Day. Sarah is about as sweet (energetic, adorable, fun) as they come. I am glad to know her, if only through the blogging world.

    First of all, I want to check out the Gratitude 365 app? program? you mentioned. I am doing a morning challenge called The Miracle Morning and could incorporate 365 into that program. Will look into it. I am currently using workbooks written by another blogger friend, Mary Clewley with reading from Jesus Calling for my morning devotionals.

    You have such a bubbly spirit and cute family. Glad to get to know you through your month of June and look forward to becoming blogging buds as we continue sharing our sentences. Many of these same gals and I are doing a fall bucket list on 9/21. Would love to have you join us!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your concise sentences! You had a lot going on in June! I hope your daughter is ok!

    Have a wonderful July!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  15. A nice review of your month. I'm so glad I've joined in too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was a fun month!

    How fun to read about your adventures… Sweet that you decorated your door for the fourth. I always hoped to decorate and then I always move on to something else and forget about it… Good for you!

    ReplyDelete