Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Currently - July 2017

Hello, Friends, and welcome to July's edition of Currently. Speaking of July, I hope everyone had a great Independence Day! I had an extra long weekend and we celebrated the holiday with friends and family. Lots of great bar-be-cue, fireworks, and even homemade ice-cream! Today I'm linking up with Anne and her co-host Stephanie of Wife Mommy Me to share what we're currently documentingaccomplishingenjoyingreading, and spending. I'm also linking up with Andrea with the TBB linkup, and Shelly for her Royally Waiting linkup! Click on the links and meet some new bloggers! 

documenting// Baby Girl got braces last week! This Mama is a little sad about hitting another milestone. I've found myself wishing a lot lately that time would just stand still. I took off to spend the day with her and make sure she had her requested "homemade mashed potatoes" for lunch. We chugged ibuprofen, cuddled, took naps, watched TV and I had the distinct pleasure of showing her how to use wax! Her sweet face is a little swollen in the second pic from all the tugging on her mouth, but I have to say that she looks so much older now with the braces.  Her looks have really changed this summer.  I swear she grew two inches while she was at camp a few weeks ago!
accomplishing// Not much this summer and that's the darn truth! I so wanted to clean out the upstairs these past few weeks, but Wayne keeps putting me off. Maybe I should just give him the ultimatum that it has to be cleaned out before Alabama football season starts and see how fast he moves then!  Ahem!

enjoying// The long, lazy days of summer. It's been so nice not having a routine and letting Alise get in the kitchen most evenings to help prepare supper. There have been some days when the evening meal is nearly done when Wayne and I walk through the door. However, not so fast! Usually about this time - or at least near the end of July! - I'm over the heat and humidity and looking forward to Fall and football season! 

reading// I totally loved The Identicals by Elin Hilderbrand.  The perfect summer read!  You can catch my updated summer reading list HERE

spending// I went on a slight spending spree last week and splurged on some new summer pieces including this new embroidered dress from a local boutique. I just love it! I went in the shop looking for the beautiful embroidered blouses they featured on IG and walked out with a dress and shoes instead. But it's all good because I love wearing dresses in the summer.  They are so versatile for church and work. I also bought a multi-colored straw purse at Target that I've had my eye on for a while and it goes great with this dress! 
Happy Wednesday, y'all!  I'm headed back to work today after a four day weekend, hoping and praying that it won't feel like a Monday at all and that Friday will be here ASAP!  Enjoy your week!

30 comments:

  1. You know, home slice, I miss football season so dang bad! But I don't want to give up summer! I have decided this year I will root for the home (college) team. It hurts but it makes sense since my team has let me down for over a decade. And the local team sucks just as bad! How is sweet girl feeling now that we are a week into braces? She is gorgeous in both pictures but you know that! That dress....yes. Love ya sweets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alise is doing good one week post-braces!

      Delete
  2. I haven't accomplished anything at home either. I still need to take these bag of cloths to Goodwill. Don't know why I'm being so lazy. Love the dress, it is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cleaned out my closet last week. Some things that I haven't worn in a while and got tired of looking at every time I opened the door got taken to a local consignment shop!

      Delete
  3. I'm reading another Hilderbrand book right now but am totally keeping her new one on my radar - I keep hearing great things about it.
    Braces :) I always wanted them as a kid. haha. Glad my parents didnt waste their money since all my teeth have fallen out anyways ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did invisalign in my twenties, but my sister had metal braces when she was younger. I hope they aren't too painful.

    Love that dress.

    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even drink but still woke up feeling like I had a hangover after last night! Love the ultimatum you're considering giving- too funny! Hope reentry into work life goes smoothly today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is soooo cute! Love the colors and I bet it will be nice and cool. It is so crazy how adding braces can change their looks...when my kids had theirs removed they seriously looked so much older.

    Thanks for linking with Royally Waiting friend!

    Shelly||The Queen in Between

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are baby girls teeth already straight? I'm always amazed how quickly they actually move into place. CRAZY! Super cute embroidered dress. There's so much cute embroidery out there right now and YES, dresses are wonderful for hot summer days. Hope you had a great 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've caught myself looking in her mouth a few times this week, but I can't tell a big change....yet!

      Delete
  8. Yes to long summer days and good summer reads! Love that embroidery too. I live in dresses in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes accomplishing nothing is my absolute favorite! I need to pick up that book and your dress is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wait until Alise gets her braces off, that's when she will really look older. Kids! Why can't they just stay little? I love the dress! It looks adorable on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That green is such a pretty color, and it looks nice on you! Also, the graphic at the top of the page made me snort laugh. I'm definitely saving that one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful green embroidered top Laura! Aww, I know it is sad to see our babies growing up. I can remember when Hunter got his braces, which has now been ages ago. Now my baby, Spencer, is preparing meals for us to come home to. I love seeing how accomplished they are now, but I miss my little boys, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss my girls being little, too!

      Delete
  13. Oh bless your daughter, I remember that stage well! It goes all too quickly - mine all adults now, but I have to say still need mum at times as if they were young children again! (Oh I remember them using the wax too) Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, even now, I still need my own mom!!

      Delete
  14. Guess what? I finished up the book I was reading so I made Mr. Nine take me to the big Meijer about 45 minutes from our vacation condo so I could buy the Identical's! So good so far! Have a beautiful weekend baby doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad you were able to talk him into the drive for The Identicals! I'm sure that wasn't very hard to do! We are blessed with some awesome hubbies, aren't we? Enjoy the book and the rest of your vacay, Love!

      Delete
  15. That dress is too cute! I agree love dresses because they are so versatile. OH braces, I had them and then didn't wear retainers and had to get invisalign later in life, so tell her to wear her retainers when she gets them off! I always found eating a burger after getting my fresh bands on helped with the pain...that and I got to get lunch with my mom, perhaps that was really it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a wonderful idea! Thanks so much! I'll have to remember ortho appointments around lunch time! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  16. That green dress is so cute. I love dresses. I also loved that first meme about June and Julying :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, braces, that brings back a whole lot of memories and a whole lot of expense! :o)) All men must be alike, just not much into cleaning out or getting rid of "stuff." :o)) Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That dress is so pretty! Love the green. I'm enjoying the long summer days too. Fall is wonderful but I'm not quite ready yet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Summer is always a busy time! Thanks for linking up at the Fab Friday!

    Christine
    www.bonchicstyle.com

    ReplyDelete