Monday, July 10, 2017

10 Daily Habits


It's Monday! A new week to begin again and another day to be better than you were yesterday, don't ya think? Today I'm linking up with Erin and some of her friends to share our 10 daily habits. When I was growing up, a teacher told our class that it takes 28 days to form a habit. Do you think that's true? Here are some of mine. 

1. Does getting out of bed count? I mean, for real. 

2. Take a shower. I use Amazing Grace and Pure Grace by Philosophy. Put on makeup, fix hair, brush my teeth, and get dressed. It happens - but not very often -that I stay in my PJs all day. 

3. Load the dishwasher. Every. single. day. And not necessarily in the morning because I can't go to bed with dishes in the sink! The OCD comes out. Alise's job is to unload it and put the dishes away before I get home in the evenings.

4. During the school year, I wake up Alise and snuggle with her for a while. While some mom's best time to talk to their kid is bedtime, for Alise and I, we have the best conversations in the morning. That's when we're the nicest to each other!  Ha! But during the summer, I leave the house and she is still in the bed. I envy her age so much sometimes! 

5. Daily quiet time!

6. Since I've managed to jump back on the Diet Coke train, you can find me in the Sonic drive-thru most mornings waiting for my daily morning drink of choice: Diet Coke with extra ice. If I'm running late, I get one at the cafeteria. 

7. Check my work email. Unfortunately, every. single. day. Except weekends, of course! 

8. Think about what I'm going to cook for supper. Key word, "think." I guess I should say that I don't have to think so hard if I have a meal plan for the week. I swear by a meal plan and grocery list because I've found that it really does save money.  But sometimes what you "planned" before you went to the store isn't what you're really feeling like on a Wednesday night. That's why I have to "think." LOL!

9. Read! 

10. Kiss my family good night and tell them that I love them! Which includes a good night text to Stephanie, too!

21 comments:

  1. Always kiss the fam goodnight and say I love you too!! Quiet time is a big must for mama sanity!!! This was fun..wishing you a marvelous Monday gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the philosophy scents. Pure grace is my favorite. I always kissed my kids goodnight. My daughter still gets a text every night,but since my son got married in May, I stopped his. I didn't want my new daughter in law to think I was a weirdo! Lol! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Amy! That made me smile! And I don't ever think you could be a weirdo!

      Delete
  3. I have to load the washer too. My children and husband seem to think that if they wear it (even to sit around and watch tv in) it is terribly dirty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!! You just reminded me I was going to teach Alise how to wash clothes this summer!! HER clothes!! Thanks, Friend!!

      Delete
  4. I like to have the sink clean before going to bed, so it's on my list as well! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the kiss & tell your family you love them.
    I do that with my dogs ;) haha #truth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs are family, too, Rebecca Jo!!

      Delete
  6. Yes to quiet time, and morning snuggles are the best! We load and run the dishwasher at night, we find if we don't we get behind on dishes and they pile up FAST! I love this month's prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have so many of the same habits. I love having a clean sink and kitchen before going to bed too. I can sleep so much easier. I am also one of those freaks that likes a clean sink/kitchen before leaving the house for work...blankets can be all over the living room but there better not be a plate in my sink! Hahahaha! Have a great start to your week Laura!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Too funny! Yes we are a lot alike!!

      Delete
  8. I was so proud of myself last night- I planned dinners for most every night through the beginning of September! Love a good meal plan, but I'm with you- sometimes picking up BBQ or a sub sounds better than what's on the calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um getting out of bed SO counts! That can be just plain hard sometimes. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Philosophy is awesome and I LOVE the fresh cream scent!! And yes to getting out of bed lOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. My quiet time comes in the morning and always kiss the fam goodnight. I can't go to bed with dishes in the sink and having kids to empty the dishwasher is a favorite for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too love the Amazing Grace scents. I just posted a super easy recipe and will have another tomorrow...you're welcome ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Thanks, Lauren! Thanks for thinking of me!

      Delete
  13. Never heard of such makeup and will have to Google that and check it out. I thought I was pretty well informed in the makeup realm but............ Enjoy having someone around to unload the dish washer, one day it will likely just be you to unload it. :o)) Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love love your list and I love that the best time for you is the mornings with your daughter :). And let's just talk about how amazing the Sonic drive thru is! LOVE SONIC - 1/2 regular and 1/2 diet dr pepper for me! Thanks for linking up! xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite is Falling in Love by philosophy and the animal crackers lip gloss! I wish I had a dishwasher in my house, but for right now it's me. I used to let them pile up, but I've realized it's easier to do them each night. I love Sonic; we just don't have one close. It's my last stop when I go to the big city. Stopping by from Tuesday Talk link up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all your habits!

    ReplyDelete