Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Royally Waiting Wednesday

Y'all! July 12th! WHERE is this summer going? Seriously! Alise is mad at me because now she has to begin her summer reading for school. I let her put it off until after July 4th and so. Well! It's after July 4th and she's STILL complaining (insert eye roll, hands in the air, mouthing, what have I done to deserve this?). School starts in a month for us, so my favorite tween needs to enjoy the rest of her summer and read. her. books. 

Today I'm taking a break from the Mean Mommy role and linking up with Shelly and her friends, along with some other favorite bloggers, and sharing a little middle of the week randomness. 



Hearting
What is your best wedding advice? When I read this post on The Small Things Blog, it made me smile. Big. I just love Kate! Speaking of fragrances and smelling good, last week, Wayne and I had a lunch date. He picked me up at the office and when I got in the car, he said, "Wow! You smell good!" Day made!

Eating
Alise found this recipe recently on Pinterest and I've been putting off about making it. Honestly, I didn't think it would be any good and I KNEW Wayne wasn't even going to touch it! However...she kept hounding me and I caved. I had planned on her to help me make it - so simple! - but she had a friend over that evening and I didn't want to disturb their "fun," so I did the honors and well!  The recipe proved me wrong!  Alise and I loved it! So much that I've added it to our family favorites board on Pinterest. Wayne still wouldn't touch it! I hate to tell him, but the dish will be on repeat because of it's simplicity. It's like comfort food in a single dish and HE - being the meat and potatoes guy that he is - just plain missed out!

Drinking
So I've given up Diet Coke and the occasional evening toddy to start this crazy diet! As of today, it's been seven days. I didn't weigh myself before I started, just because I didn't put a lot of faith into this fad. Good thing I didn't! Don't waste your money, Peeps! Now where's my Diet Coke?

Wishing
Happy Birthday to our Baby Girl, Stephanie! She will be celebrating her twenty-third birthday this Friday. It kills my soul that she is in another country and we won't be able to celebrate her special day with her, but we have a party planned when she gets home in August. The birthday girl has requested not one, not two, but THREE birthday cakes! All homemade! Spoiled much? I've agreed, but only because she's been gone and starving all summer! Stephanie is doing fine. Some of you wanted to know about the IVs she had to have a few weeks ago, but she got dehydrated and needed fluids. She is feeling much better and tearing up the court these days. Her team is third in the conference right now, and she's hoping they will make it to the championship. This Mama is ready for her to come home! I miss her so much!

Wearing
Lately, I've been perusing my Pinterest boards for a little spark of inspiration for the office. Y'all know I prefer dresses, but sometimes, even they can get a little old and boring. I was so excited when I came across this pin because I realized I had all these pieces in my current wardrobe! I wore mint ankle pants instead of jeans and an older Ann Taylor linen jacket over a recent leopard blouse I picked up in Alabama a few months ago. I switched out the shoes, though. I wore wedges instead of flats. I was really pleased how this look came together for a day of meetings and conference calls.

Fall Fashion
I've had this picture on the left in my phone forever because I wanted to somehow recreate the look.  I had never thought about pairing leopard with a beige or white blouse. I mean, I've worn leopard with white jeans before, but I don't know...Maybe I just haven't thought about the combo in a while. Anyhoo, this is the outfit I wore to church this past Sunday and I absolutely loved it!!
Can you tell that I still believe in leopard being a neutral? If something happens to me, y'all make sure Wayne buries me in leopard, okay? 

Watching
Last but not least, are y'all still watching Food Network Star?! This past Sunday was the halfway point in the competition and it's heating up. I really think the network is looking for a southern-style chef because, I mean, good Lawd!  They had three "southern" contestants competing at the beginning of the season! Sorry, Jason, but Kentucky doesn't count (I think it's so funny that he says Kentucky's "holy trinity" is bourbon, butter, and bacon. Here in Louisiana, our "holy trinity" is onion, bell pepper, and celery). Anyway, every time Cory smiles and says, "I'm from Monroe, LA," it makes me smile, too!  

Now back to my Mean Mama role! 

15 comments:

  1. Hello Leopard LOVELY!!!! You look amazing and find the BEST pins!! Happy Birthday Friday to the sensational Steph!!! Yep, thinking the crew of mine would love that tator meatloaf case..looks scrumptious! Wayne..what are you thinking?, your Miss Laura added her magic and you're missing out!! Love ya darling, may it be a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? He eats meatloaf; he eats potatoes! What more could a man ask for??!! Lol! Have a good one, Sweetie!

      Delete
  2. Ooohhh Laura!! Love you in that Leopard kimono!! And good luck with the office outfit inspo...I like the above kook a lot. Happy birthday to your daughter. I did the ACV diet too...but I confess I made it up on my own...lol And the teacher-librarian in me wants to know what books Alise is reading this summer :) Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Katie! Alise is reading The Giver and hating every word of it! It kills this reader Mama's soul that she doesn't enjoy it as much as I do!!

      Delete
  3. Every summer seems to go so fast, it's just not fair. And winter drags on and on. I can't believe your daughter starts school in a month. That's terribly early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got out around the 20th of May, so yep! It's nearly time to go back!!

      Delete
  4. I actually love apple cider vinegar - not for any fad diet but its so good for you for so many other reasons. I dont mind the taste.
    & seriously - the only thing that ever broke my diet coke addiction was sparkling seltzer water - which totally took awhile to adjust to but now, I just cant drink a Diet Coke again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I'm doing good on the water train again. I may continue to do the apple cider vinegar at night because it really did help curb my appetite!

      Delete
  5. So I'm with Wayne on the meatloaf- sounds like a cool idea, but since I didn't grow up on meatloaf, the thought of trying it now scares me! We caught an episode of Food Network Star and thought Cory was kind of a jerk- team Jason all the way (but just because the kids and I watched him on the baking championship and loved his quirkiness!) Way to go on skipping diet coke for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Meatloaf scared you! Me too until I tried Miranda Lambert's mom's meatloaf and it's our favorite! Wayne even likes it. Cory is very nice in person.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday to Stephanie! She is the same age as my sons! Glad she is feeling better. I am not happy with how fast summer is passing us by. Not ready for it to end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! But we won't mention the "S" word, will we?! (school)

      Delete
  7. Omg will you STOP with the fat talk. I would hate to come down there to whip your tail. Love your white and leopard (it is a neutral). Now I have to go back and click all those damned links.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to see a pic of you in the mint green combo. I know you are missing your girlie. (Katie backed out of her trip to Italy. It started with 5 of them and was down to her and one of her guy buddies. The girl she was going to room with backed out, so she did too. I'm not totally sad about that😉) Woman, you are not FAT...Google fat...you'll see😉 XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your girl! You must be so excited to have her home next month. I LOVE that outfit - and yes, leopard is definitely a neutral! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete