Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Royally Waiting Wednesday

Happy First Day of Summer, Friends!  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing here in Louisiana though. I dread the heat. 

But first things first.  Everyone is asking about Stephanie. She is doing well in her new "home" for the summer and is eating, sleeping, living, dreaming, and practicing basketball. We face time several times a day, as well as text throughout the day, and she seems happy and upbeat. The biggest challenge she's had, of course, is the language. Her coach doesn't even speak English! Athletically, she's playing well and doing what she does best - even without air conditioning. Yes, you read that right!  No A/C. She has scored a double-double in all of her games, which is awesome. She and her roommate, who is from Texas (Thank you, God!), have a car, so they've gotten to do some site seeing and eating out and she's enjoyed that. 

Some of you have asked how long Stephanie will be overseas and the gig is only through August. The two main reasons she decided to go for the summer was to get in shape and to see if playing overseas is what she really wants to do. Time will tell.




Concerned

In the words of my late grandmother, I had another "spell" last week. Remember how I had an anxiety attack or a damn hot flash on the way to the dentist last winter on interstate? Well, I was driving home from work last week and one minute I was belting out "He's A Cold Hearted Snake" with Paula Abdul, and the next minute I felt like I needed to pull over into the median with my hazards on because I thought I was having another attack.  I wore sandals that day to work and all of a sudden my feet began sweating profusely (and I don't sweat, I "glisten") and my chest and arms began tingling. I thought my hands were going numb. It scared me, but I slowed down and turned up the A/C and told myself I was NOT going to pass out. It lasted about fifteen seconds. I made it home and had a slight case of the shakes, like my sugar was low, but that quickly went away, too, after I ate a few crackers. Stupid me, TOTALLY forgot to tell my new doctor about what happened when I went to establish myself as a new patient a few months ago.  It's just weird that it happens while I'm driving.


Excited

Speaking of doctors, remember how I told y'all that my favorite OB/GYN in the whole wide world was no longer associated with the medical group she was with? And I had to see that other idiot? Well...my favorite OB/GYN in the whole wide world has opened her very OWN practice and I can't be more prouder of her OR more excited to see her again. I'm calling this week to schedule my annual exam for next year!

Buying

I was recently at my BFF's house and she had the prettiest ceramic wax burner going and her house smelled absolutely wonderful. So, I decided to buy myself a burner - like I don't already have about fifteen of them in the house, according to Wayne! - and I tried the Grapefruit Fandango scent for the kitchen.  Jennifer had Valencia Orange melting at her house. I went back last week and got the Sorbet, so between the two of us, we're keeping Aromatique in business!


Hearting

So many of you have asked about the 4th of July tank top that I featured on Monday. Unfortunately, the tank has sold, but hopefully you can contact the vendor and still order one for yourself.  Etsy has so many wonderful designs and Target also has a great selection of 4th of July tanks and t-shirts for America's birthday!

Watching

Last night, the girls and I went to see Rough Night. It was absolutely hilarious! But if you're wondering if all the funny parts were in the previews, I would say, yes, most of them are.  It was a fun night with friends, though! Lots of popcorn and laughs!
Teaching

I've had Baby Girl in the kitchen this week showing her how to make some staple meals. Monday night, I showed her how to make taco cups in case I die and forget to leave instructions in my will. At least her and her daddy won't starve! She keeps kidding about wanting to go on Master Chef Jr., but the kid's got a long way to go. I don't think being able to make brownies from a box mix qualifies you for a cooking contest on television, even if it is a bunch of kids!

I hope everyone is having a great week! Stay cool!  My hair is not appreciating the humidity right now at all! 

18 comments:

  1. Oh the humidity! I have given up on my hair being straight unless I stay inside all day. I definitely have some wave and volume going on pretty much all the time now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Vicki! One of the perks to being a "Southern Diva" now! Love reading your posts about your recent move from the North to Florida! Looks like you're fitting in just fine!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear Stephanie is enjoying her time overseas. That's kinda scary girl...get that checked out! Alise not make it on Master Chef Jr, but if she starts now she might be ready for Master Chef in her 20s. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! You are so funny, Lauren, but point taken!

      Delete
  3. I hope you don't have any more spells while you're driving. Definitely talk to your doctor about that. Glad your daughter is doing well, but no A/C! Man, that's brutal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Stephanie has definitely had some adjustment to playing overseas!

      Delete
  4. There is nothing scarier than a panic attack - or that feeling. Be sure to talk to your doc about it. I know we're about the same age & I've been having issues & they have chalked a lot of mine up to loss of estrogen ... heading into the good old perimenopause stage ... hormones ALL A CRAZY. That may be something that may be contributing to your issues.

    YIPEEE on your doc opening her own practice. I'd cry if my OB/GYN left. I've been with her since I was 18. I cant imagine going to anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I think I've definitely entered the peri-menopause stage and it sucks, Rebecca Jo. I hadn't been going to my OB/GYN as long as you, but it was before we had Alise and I just think the world of her! So excited for her to be my doc again!

      Delete
  5. Laura I have had the whole arm tingling issues in the past and also have a spot in my face that will go numb and feel almost like pins prickling. I really think it's anxiety for me...like I don't even realize I'm that keyed up. But now that you say it also it might be hormone related...I need to start paying attention to when it is happening. The summer my dad got sick I had a little spell and the arm tingling and they did all the testing looking for MS. Obviously I didn't have it but it was scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Shelly. I believe mine is related to anxiety, too. I prayed all the way to the dentist office yesterday that I wouldn't have another one, but all was good. It's crazy when it hits. So random and scary.

      Delete
  6. I totally understand about the out of the blue panic attacks. They suck! So glad you were able to safely make it home and that it was over quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you the your old doc is back in business!!! That's terrific. Happy you are getting to see/talk with Stephanie so much. I saw sweet baby girl on your Snap cooking...she is a MINI YOU!!!! Tell your dr about those spells friend. I have another friend who's experienced similar but she completely blacks out. Did it driving one day and ended up sitting in the middle of a HUGE intersection with her foot on the brake. THANK GOD he was with her and she wasn't hurt. She doesn't remember about 8 hours of that day and they can't figure out what the heck is going on. (not to scare you, just let them know and get it in your records) Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes to the awesome GYNIE back in the stir-up of things, lol!!! I have spells too sista, freaks me out to no end. So happy Steph is doing well and getting her feet wet! And baby girl, Alise, is gonna be a GREAT cook like her mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Laura, the attack you had sounds pretty scary,I hope you get that checked out! Glad you enjoyed Rough Night, I was thinking of seeing it with some friends, sounds like a good GNO.
    xo,
    Kellyann
    http://www.thisblondesshoppingbag.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, bless you dear, so glad you made it safely home. Our daughter has "spells" like that also. And, so glad you getting to see your old Dr. Our relationship with our Gyn is ultra important. I love mine as well and hope she lives as long as I do for sure! Glad to hear that Stephanie is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you got back in with your favorite doctor! Too funny about Master Chef Jr. - the kids on the baking championship are insane- I have no idea how they memorize measurements for so many different baked goods!

    ReplyDelete