Monday, June 19, 2017

4th Of July Inspiration

The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love seeing red, white, and blue popping up everywhere and the feeling of pride and allegiance to our country. The flying flags and colorful banners make me swell with pride to be an American. So today, I thought I would share with you just a vignette of all things patriotic as we anticipate within the next few weeks of celebrating the birth of our country.

Let's begin with the porches and faces of our homes. What better way to let freedom ring than by displaying our independence for our neighbors and friends to see! Here in the South, we love to fly our flags proudly and the more banners, the merrier. I love seeing some of the older, antebellum - style homes all decked out in their finest shows of patriotism. I agree that even a little decor can go a long way, but when it's done tastefully, with love of country in mind, nothing is too grand a theme. 


                      



Love of country means love of food, too, and no Fourth of July holiday is complete without a little bar-be-cue or something being thrown on the grill!  Whether it's burgers, hot dogs, steaks, or chicken, just the aroma from an outside cookout screams summer. Our Fourth of July staple is baked beans and you can find my recipe from a few years ago here. They are the best and never disappoint. Our favorite way to enjoy the holiday is to entertain with friends at our outdoor kitchen while the kids swim nearby. And we normally end the evening with home made ice cream! Yum! 

                              

It's no joke how hot it is in July here in the South. And of course, Southern Divas don't sweat, we "glisten." Whether I'm entertaining or enjoying a cookout on the lake with friends, I'll be sure to wear something cool and comfortable. The picture on the right is probably more like something that you would see me wearing for the holiday. I also like the fun floral blouse as a twist to wearing red, white, and blue. The Daisy Duke shorts, not so much.
     
             

Happy Fourth of July, Friends! I hope that however you and your friends and family chose to celebrate this year that you will remember how fortunate we are as Americans to live in a country where we are so blessed to be able to enjoy the freedoms we have. Enjoy your life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness!
  
Linking up with: Tuesday Talk, The Pleated Poppy, Living On Cloud Nine, Get Your Pretty On, Royally Waiting, Momfessionals, CCK (July)

17 comments:

  1. Oooooh we are so on the Americana bandwagon today! Link up the Stars & Stripes goodness my beautiful friend and you go have yourself a gorgeous Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glisten... haha.... yep. I always say that "I Glow"
    I'm just hoping its not HORRID with humidity on the 4th. I always love when its able to cool down just a little for those fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love some cooler weather to celebrate the 4th, too! A few years ago it was in the '60's here in Louisiana on July 4th. I distinctly remember walking that morning in the cooler temps and thinking, jeez! This will probably never happen again!

      Delete
  3. I love the 4th too and all the red, white and blue that accompanies it! I LOVE that adorable monogram flag tank. So cute!!! Have a great week you crazy lady! Good luck with the boss😉 (just watched your snap)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything went well with the Boss Lady!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:57 AM

    Great post.
    Would love to know where to find the flag tank top with the monogram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thank you! Let me try to find it again and I will publish the link! Lots of questions on where to get one today!

      Delete
  5. Yes, we Southern Belles glisten and sparkle in this insanely hot weather. How blessed we are to live in America, just wishing so that we could become a united America. So, so good to see you yesterday at church and what a wonderful sermon. Bill never disappoints!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the 4th of July, and I love when people do their yards and homes up! There was a family in my childhood neighborhood that would mow the lawn in stripes and then a quasi-stars section! Did you make the flank steak last night for Father's Day? We loved it! I'm going to add a little bit more seasoning and spice next time, but it was awesome- thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we made the steak, too, and loved it!

      Delete
  7. I usually go all out decorating for the 4th of July. I need to get on it! Sometimes our weather is still really chilly on the 4th, but we always have a big BBQ and watch the fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh girl, you and me both! I love the 4th! There's no pressure with gifts, etc...just family and friends together with good food. What more could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your point about the gifts, Julie! You are so right!!

      Delete
  9. Love the 4th of July decor, Laura! Your post has me super excited about all of the 4th of July festivities! P.S. - I'm a Bama girl too! Roll Tide! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roll Tide, Tai, and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Can't wait for football season!

      Delete
  10. Okay, I am loving that floral top!! So cute. I've been such a loser in the decor department this year. My house is just blah.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the 4th of July. I love that picture of the white fence with the red, white, and blue banner between the posts. I need to find that! I also love the tops. What cute inspiration.

    ReplyDelete