Tuesday, May 30, 2017

My Summer 2017 Reading List



I'm a novel kind of girl. I'll take a creative storyline with strong, original characters over a murder mystery any day. Novels just seem to have more "depth" to me and I guess that's why I enjoy them so much. And now that school is officially over, I can spend my evenings and weekends curled up by the pool. I'm looking forward to getting my reading mojo back! Today I'm sharing a few books that are on my reading list this summer! 

I became an Elin Hiderbrand fan when I read, The Blue Bistro, a few years ago and loved it! Her name just screams summer to me. Most of her books are released and take place in the summertime on the island of Nantucket, so the timing and setting make for the perfect beach read! Get ready, girls!  The Identicals releases on June 13th! 


The Identicals: A Novel by [Hilderbrand, Elin]

I struggled really hard through my first ever Beatriz Williams novel, A Certain Age, and had thought about not finishing it.  But I hate to not finish a book, so I stuck with it. Unknowingly, I chose another Beatriz Williams novel a few months later called, Along the Infinite Sea, and loved it! So...I'm thinking (and hoping!) that I will enjoy Cocoa Beach just as much! I'm already in love with the cover! 

Cocoa Beach: A Novel by [Williams, Beatriz]

Heather Gudenkauf is one of my favorite authors. Probably ranks right up there within my top three. These Things Hidden was my favorite novel of hers and other saying, "fav" over and over again, all I can tell you is to go read a book of hers and this is the one I'll be reading sometime within the next three months!

Not a Sound: A Page-Turning Thriller by [Gudenkauf, Heather]

Ok I know what I said about murder mysteries, but this series is so worth the ride.  They are easy to read books with short chapters (make me feel like I'm making progress!) and I usually read one every summer. Besides, James Patterson is one of my favorite authors and the Women's Murder Mystery and Private series are his best in my opinion.  I've read nearly every book in the WMM collection.  

16th Seduction (Women's Murder Club) by [Patterson, James, Paetro, Maxine]

All The Best People was recommended to me by a friend on Goodreads {Look me up if you're a member of this book reading community!}. This is a new author for me, but I'm excited about trying a new author and hoping that I love it as much as my friend did.

All the Best People by [Yoerg, Sonja]

So what books are on your reading list this summer? I would love to see what everyone is reading or if there are any great books that I'm missing out on. I've seriously got to get out of this reading slump! Leave me a comment!

14 comments:

  1. I need to become a better reader! I read mostly non-fiction, and this summer we're reading The Train to Crystal City for our history book club. I'm only 10 pages in but it is very interesting so far. I'm also planning to read Grunt: The Curious Science of Humans at War. Sorry, social studies nerd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in such a reading slump too! I hope to get out of it soon!!! So many books on my list - so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 2 Erin Hilderbrand's books on my shelf. I need to get to them this summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fun! I don't usually pick a "summer" book, because I love those type of books year-round to fight off the winter doldrums! I have been all over the map in my genres but I seem to be reading series...which is kind of fun but kind of a bummer, as I always feel like I am playing catch-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haven't read any of these - might have to add to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Book marking this post!! Great list...Elin Hilderbrand has been on my list forever! This summer I have to read one of hers! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grab November 9....I LOVE it. Others I couldn't put down was Behind Closed Doors and The Woman in Cabin 10. When I'm in a slump I have to have one that grabs my attention immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Beatriz William's book covers are always gorgeous. The only book I've read from her is Wicked City and it fell flat for me. I haven't read any of her other works, which is maybe a mistake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A mistake? I wouldn't necessarily call it that, but let's just say that you could use better judgement for Beatriz William's other books! LOL! I just finished One Hundred Summers and absolutely LOVED IT! I would definitely try her again, but yes, Wicked City wasn't one of her finest books.

      Delete
  9. You have a good list going for this summer! I love the WMM from James Patterson as well and will literally never quit them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always down for a good Elin Hiderbrand beach read. I'm adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great list! If you liked Along the Infinite Sea, you should totally read the other two in the Schulyer sister series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked that Heather G book.

    I hadn't heard of Cocoa Beach! I like WIlliams. Did you read A Hundred Summers?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed A Hundred Summers and Tiny Little Thing by Beatriz Williams. :)

    ReplyDelete