Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Randomness

I took Alise to the eye doctor last week to have her eyes checked. She's never had them checked before and when I suggested it to Dr. S about a month ago, he thought it was a good idea. My main concern was whether or not her eyes were contributing to her migraines. Baby Girl has 20/20 vision! Thank goodness she's not blind like her moma! Our follow-up visit with the neurologist is in two weeks.

In other news, my sweet friend {and still newlywed} Jannah has been experimenting with sewing this summer. A few weeks ago, she got the machine that allows you to do appliques and monogramming {I can't think of what it's called right now...} and for practice, she made this "Bama Girl" t-shirt for Alise along with a hair bow to match.

She did such a GREAT job and Alise is tickled to death about wearing it! Thanks so much, Jannah. If you are interested in appliques or monogramming, let me know and I'll put you in contact with Jannah. She's currently working on her Etsy store and of course, I will let you know when it's up and running!

Alise's first cheer competition is in November at a local high school. The squad is beginning to learn their new routine and as far as I know, Alise is still one of the flyers. Heaven help me. Some of the parents on the squad decided that they did not want to compete for Nationals in Orlando {Disney World} next year, so our coach is looking at competions closer to home, either in New Orleans or Biloxi.

I am so proud of Baby Girl and how well she is doing in school. So much so, that I broke my cardinal rule a few weeks ago about letting her have her dsi during the week. But what is a mother to do? When she brings home all 100/A papers, she deserves to be rewarded for her hard work. Right now, she has all A's. And when I see that, it almost makes those nights of beating her over the head with her speckled notebook from this overbearing mother worth it. And just sayin', she only gets her dsi on the weekends and on the weeks that she brings home all 100/A papers. Did I mention I was overbearing?

Lastly, someone asked me why we didn't let Alise do her animal poster on an elephant since we are big Bama fans. That thought crossed her daddy's mind {of course}, but after all, it was her project and her decision. She told me when she presented her poster to the class that she got a couple of her words mixed up - not sure exactly what she meant by that. I am hoping she won't be like her mother and have a {strong} dislike for public speaking.

Maybe a few more swipes with the speckled notebook will help.

2 comments:

  1. I had perfect vision until I hit puberty. Now I have terrible vision. :(

    I'd love to have an embroidery machine, but since I have two sewing machines, I don't think my husband will let me get a third. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shirt is too cute! Let us know when her shop is up and going!

    ReplyDelete