Monday, September 26, 2011

Our First Weekend of Fall

I hope you had a nice "First Weekend of Fall"!! The weather here was absolutely wonderful! I sat out by the pool both Saturday and Sunday morning and read and it was SO nice! This time of year is my favorite! How about you?

Here's a pic of me and Baby Girl before Friday's WILD WEST Peprally! Too cute to boot!

This weekend was a little bittersweet for me. It was my 20th High School Reunion. I can't believe it's been twenty years since I graduated! Maybe one day I'll post some old high school pics on my blog and you can laugh at my BIG poofy hair! But unfortunately, I didn't go. Let's just say that I haven't been feeling very "nostalgic" lately and had no desire to get all dressed up. My friends that know me were shocked because normally, I'm all up in the middle of something like this {I was on the planning committee for our ten year reunion}! But things have changed...priorities have changed...life itself has changed and this voted "Most-Likely-To-Succeed" from the Class of 1991 just wasn't feelin' it this weekend. To all my OPHS homies, I hope you had a FABULOUS time!

On Friday night, we had date night with Robbie and Angie. We went to see the new Brad Pitt movie, "Money Ball." It was a loooong movie. Definitely not a chick-flick {unless you're in to baseball and stats}, but Mr. Pitt looked oh-so good sportin' that sun visor!! Then we went to eat at Ronin and were very much entertained by two guys from Minnesota. Let's just say that they were enjoying their Saki very, very much!

Saturday afternoon, the babysitter took Alise to a birthday party for one of her classmates. She came home telling me all about the pony rides. Wow! That night, Mr. Horton and I had our own date night! We went out to eat at a restaurant that we don't normally go to {something different} and spent some "mommie/daddy" time together. It was so nice!
I had the whole day to myself on Sunday! What to do, what to do!! Wayne and Alise headed to the camp {or what's left of it, anyway...} with Chad to get ready for hunting season. After spending several hours reading by the pool, taking a walk, and folding a load of clothes, I decided to get out and run a few errands. By then, it was time for Awanas and time to start getting things ready for another week of work, school, and life.

Time definitly doesn't stand still. Not for a moment.

5 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend. I love those mommie/daddy dates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're trying to do fun things together before the baby gets here. We had SUCH a busy weekend. We got a lot done, but it flew by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is absolutley gorgeous! Love the length, curls and color! Wish my curls would behave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures of you and Alise and you with Wayne. They are awesome! Sounds like you had a lot of fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, your daughter looks absolutely fabulous in her little cowgirl outfit. She's so cute. I hope she had a great time at Wild West Preprally.

    My 20 year reunion is coming up. I can't believe it. I like to think of it as my second 10 year renunion. Ha!

    I also had big hair. I remember my sister and I going through cans of hairspray in high school. I carried a pick in my purse for an extra boost after second period. Nothing was worse than flat hair during those days ;)

    ReplyDelete