Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Need Your Prayers

This weekend, I told you about me taking Alise to see Dr. S about her bad headaches.
When I told my boss on Monday what was going on, she suggested I contact someone - who is a nurse - and get her thoughts because her son suffers from the same type of headaches and he saw the same neurologist. The nurse told me not to go crazy if/when Dr. P suggests a CT or MRI. She told me Alise would probably have to be sedated for the procedure.

WHAT?! Who? Me? Go crazy?


She's just my six year old little girl that I love with all my heart.


{Even if she forgets her math homework sheet on the - count 'em - FIFTH day of school!! First grade homework is going to be the death of me!}


And when she gets her headaches, I feel so helpless because there is absolutely nothing I can do.


So say a prayer for us on Thursday morning when we see Dr. P.
M and Alise had nearly the same outfit on today. It was planned for them to wear them - by their mothers, of course - but Angie and I weren't together when we bought them. Great mothers think alike.
This afternoon, we took the girls to have their silhouettes made. It's something that I've always wanted of Alise and just haven't had the time for it. I still remember having my silhouette made when I was in the first grade for a Mother's Day present for my mom.
I love how they turned out! I'm going to frame them and put them in Alise's bathroom since it's pink, black, and white.




Now what to do about that math homework sheet....

6 comments:

  1. Here, I've been blaming allergy season. Katie and I have also been suffering from bad headaches for the past few days. I thought mine was a mixture of stress and ragweed. Katie doesn't get headaches too often. We both had our headaches all day today. {lovely} We've just been taking Advil in order to function. (The function part is questionable on my part).

    Alise is in our prayers. Hope everything goes okay. Tell her that we love her, miss her and hope she feels better very soon.

    I love the silhouette. My sisters got to have their done as a child, but me being the 5th child I didn't get that luxury. LOL! I've thought about have Katie's portrait done, but I haven't done it yet.

    Y'all take care. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure she will be fine! Hopefully they will be able to do something to ease her pain. Will definitely be praying for y'all! And I love the silhouette!!! So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for Alise! I am sure everything is going to be fine. I got headaches when I was little too. It ran in my family. I did "grow" out of them. I will be praying that it is nothing.

    I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura,

    I will definitely be praying! I know that must be so scary to think about but hopefully you will get some answers through this appointment!
    On another note, where did you get the silhouette done? Sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you all, but as an extra little reassurance...I'm not sure sedation is necessary for an MRI. Caleb had one when he was 7, and they didn't sedate him. However, he hasn't had a CT, so not sure on that one. Hope you all get answers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless her heart! Just prayed for answers and that it is nothing severe! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete