Monday, June 27, 2016

Oh You Make Me Smile

I had planned to have this post ready for Friday Favorites last week, but time and an unexpected trip to Baton Rouge blew my plans out of the water.  Oh well! Here are some things that made me smile last week!

This Baby Girl left for church camp on Monday morning!  To say she was excited would be an understatement! I finally got a call from her that night at 10:15 which I was very happy about because last year, she didn't call for three days! And don't you just love her tie-dyed shirt?  She made it at art camp the week before and it turned out beautiful! She had an awesome week at church camp and several of her friends made decisions to follow Christ. And I was oh-so happy to see her when I got home from Baton Rouge late Friday evening!


After not having a very good weekend last weekend, THIS Baby Girl and I had a great week! Keep prayin', y'all.  Life is tough, but I'm not giving up on her! She requested a "home cooked meal" so on Sunday, I made stuffed bell peppers - that she had seen at the meat counter of our grocery store, so luckily I didn't have to make those suckers! - mashed potatoes, asparagus, and other veggies. I wanted to really "shine" on the mashed potatoes so I used this recipe and it was perfect {yes, this Southern Diva knows how to make mashed potatoes, but mine don't always turn out just right so I decided to use a recipe}! Oh!  And she also requested strawberry shortcake, to which I had explained to her that I had worked all day, and that we were just gonna have the redneck version for dessert! Of course she was fine with that! We actually used the delicious pound cake that a neighbor made for us and smothered it in strawberries, glaze, and Cool Whip! Perfection!


Love, love this pic Wayne took of me and Baby Girl last week one evening on our way to dinner. She's on a jet plane headed "home" as I type this and I already miss her! And a good hair day for myself, if I do say so! Ha!

This man and I had a great week just to ourselves most nights! Instead of going to dinner, we had a "stay-at-home" date night Tuesday night and I got to spoil him with some of his favorite snacks and apps. He loved having all the attention for a change and I was happy he was happy. If you can believe it, it was my idea to "unplug" that night {certainly not my favorite thing to do!}, so except for a few pictures at the beginning of our night, we turned our phones completely off!  And I may have hyperventilated a little over it! {insert smiley face}



I made these delicious strawberry and brownie bites for dessert and even coated them in almond bark for a little extra pizzazz.  They were SO good!!


Finally got to have a Girl's Night with this Girlie!  Leigh and I went to see You Before Me and of course I forgot the tissues! It is the best movie I have seen in a loooong time! And I can honestly say that the movie was oh-so much better than the book.  I highly recommend it for summer! Leigh reminded me that this time last year, Felicia was rocking my world and I was most definitely like, "OH! Let's not go there!"  I don't wish that summer of hell on anyone!



On Thursday, Jennifer and I high-tailed it out of town and headed east for some shopping! If y'all remember, I introduced y'all to her here and so we're both horrible mothers because we were both ready to dump our kids off at camp a few days earlier than planned! So anyway!  We were due for a shopping vacay! We had so much fun!


It was a GREAT week!

4 comments:

  1. What, strawberry brownie bites!! Come on, are you really a professional and did not tell me? They look so cute and so yummy! Speaking of cute and yummy, love that picture of you and the Mr.! Mr. Nine and I have been spending many nights alone lately too, gotta admit he's loving all the attention as well. ;-) yep...,Fantastic hair even in that heat, here's to another great week for you, baby girlies, mr. Horton and mamas hair!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahaha! Thank you, Mama!

      Delete
  2. I think you posted those strawberry brownie bites on IG and they are so cute and professional looking! Looks like you are having a fabulous "unplugged" summer. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete