Tuesday, June 28, 2016

I LOVE Summer Salads


I love salads, y'all! Especially in the summer!

Today I'm linking up with my friend, Shelly, for her Spiel the Beans linkup where we're showing everyone our favorite summer salad recipes! I can't wait to see what everyone links today because I could always use a new salad recipe!

My BFF from high school made this Spinach Strawberry Salad one night for pokeno years ago and everyone loved it! I'm not a big spinach person, but for this dressing and those sugar coated pecans, I could eat some grass! Ha! Add some grilled chicken for an even heartier meal.



My favorite Blog Friend, Andrea, posted this amazing recipe a few weeks ago for BLT Pasta Salad and I made it for a get together with some friends on Memorial Day weekend.  It was SO yummy!  I wasn't sure how I would like lettuce with pasta, but it was different. And good!



If you're sucker for BLT Salads - like me! - this is my ALL TIME favorite!  I found this recipe on Pinterest two years ago and I love to make it for our pool parties! It's always a hit! I skip out on the dressing and use Hidden Valley Ranch Bacon and Tomato dressing instead! One word: awesome!



My favorite salads are potato salads and pasta salads.  I like "cole slaw," too. But fruit salads are also the bomb dot coms! This recipe reminds me of being a newlywed! Someone in our newlywed life group introduced me to this salad and it's great, too!



Happy Summer Peeps! What are your favorite summer salads?  Hop on over to Shelly's blog and check out all the recipes!

14 comments:

  1. That fruit salad looks interesting and I've tried that strawberry salad and it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The secret to the fruit salad is the vanilla pudding! If you try it, let me know what you think, Sarita!

      Delete
  2. Aww thanks for the shout out sweet pea! Wasn't that BLT pasta salad fabulous! I swear I'm making it like once a week this summer! There is nothing like a good salad in the sweet summertime and I love all these recipes. I hope you have one tasty Tuesday terrific lady!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That BLT pasta salad is the bomb dot com!

      Delete
  3. I have seriously made that BLT salad twice since Andrea posted it! So good. I love that you and Shelly posted the same fave spinach salad! Have a happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the pasta BLT salad great! Yes, I commented the same thing on Shelly's blog: #greatminds! Ha!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh - I'd eat every single one of those!!! DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try one, let me know how you like it, Rebecca Jo!

      Delete
  5. I love salads! They are my go-to lunch pretty much every day - and are even better in the summer with fresh veggies and herbs.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Lisa! Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  6. I'm definitely going to have to try that BLT pasta salad! Yum-o. Thanks for joining us friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you need to add it to your "to cook/make" list, Shelly!

      Delete
  7. They all look amazing - I'm not sure where to start! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Katy!

      Delete