Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Queen Bee Link Up: A Woman That Makes Me Laugh

Today I'm linking up with my BBF {Best Blog Friend}, Shelly, over at The Queen In Between for her monthly link up featuring a woman in my life I know that makes me laugh out loud. And that person would have to be, Jennifer.


Now I know Shelly wants us to ask all these wonderful "in between" questions, but Jennifer doesn't blog.  She doesn't do anything with social media except text me off-color jokes, so if I were to go to her and ask, "Jennifer, how do you handle the "in betweens"?" She would look at me and say, "What the $@!* are you talking about?  What's a $&@% blog and I really don't give a $#@*." To which, I would LAUGH! Think Bea of the Golden Girls meets Julia Sugarbaker of Designing Women and that pretty much sums up my friend, Jennifer.


Actually, I have my husband, Wayne, to thank for introducing us. He was the UPS driver in the town where Jennifer worked at the time and it just so happened that we were both pregnant. Wayne and Jennifer - bless their hearts! - are talkers and will talk to anybody, so they became friends and Wayne told her that he would like for her to meet me.  He would tell me the same thing at night, but I would just blow him off.  Because, ya know.  I was pregnant and I could do that. I hafta say that I was a little "miffed" when Wayne told me that he had told Jennifer {who I still hadn't met yet!} about our very, very, VERY special lavender coming-home dress for Alise that we had ordered from a lady in Brazil. JENNIFER ORDERED THE SAME DRESS IN PINK! Of course, I just knew we were going to be friends!

Fast foward. Jennifer had Ash and I was eight months pregnant with Alise when we finally met at the freakin' Catfish Festival, of all places!  She was pushing a baby stroller and I was waddling when I heard this loud voice holler, "Well, HEY, WAYNE!" I looked up and it was a tall, dark headed chick about my age with an OLD MAN! I seriously thought she was with her daddy!! It wasn't until after we talked to them for a while and they walked off that Wayne told me that the old man was her HUSBAND! Now do you see why she makes me laugh!?!


It was years before I saw Jennifer again. By that time, they had "moved to town" - as she likes to say - Ash was in school and they began attending our church. It wasn't until Jennifer decided to move Ash to our school that we really became friends. If Jennifer is anything, she is candidly honest and "tells you like it is" with no apologies. She has the wildest stories about growing up in a small rural town in Louisiana and I think it's a strange coincidence that her sister is my dental hygenist! She has no qualms about walking in my house for Girls Night In and shouting, "Laura, fix me a drink!"


But in all seriousness, this Girlie has talked me down from the ledge so many times in the past few years. She can always turn my rants into laughter. I will never forget last August when Wayne and I were driving home from New Orleans and I was on one of my rants.  We were both talking to her through blue tooth in the car and I just remember that Wayne had to make a pit stop because I nearly peed my pants!

I'm so thankful for my friendship with this girl and I hope she will always be one of my dearest and closest friends.


10 comments:

  1. I bet she is the life of the party (in a good way). Friends that can make you laugh in the worst circumstances are truly the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer is truly the life of the party! So thankful to have a friend that can make a bad situation funny.

      Delete
  2. She sounds so fun and she and I would get along fine! I love me a lady who can laugh at herself and others and still love them!! Thanks for sharing her with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you and Jennifer together would be so much fun!!

      Delete
  3. I'm cracking up! She sounds like a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer is a mess! You would love her!

      Delete
  4. Hi Laura, I'll be featuring this post and your lovely friend Jennifer on Tuesday Talk this week. Fits perfectly with my I am Woman Series. Thanks for sharing her on Tuesday Talk this week. See you then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Michelle!! Thank you so much!! BTW, I responded to your email!

      Delete
  5. We all need that friend that can talk sense in to us and keep us off the ledge! Looks like you found a good one! Loved this post! "Laura, fix me a drink!" hehe!

    ReplyDelete