Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Stranded With...Medicine Cabinet Items


Okay.  I have to admit I was a little confused by this one because, A) I don't own a medicine cabinet {I'm picturing the ol' 1970's mirror over the sink kind of cabinet}. Does a first aid kit count? And B) Are we talking prescription drugs? Ha! You can learn alot about people by what's in their medicine cabinet!

So "medicine" being the key word, I decided to roll with it like this.  Here are my three items I would take if I were stranded on a deserted island.

{one.}

Excedrin Migraine. Y'all know I can just about get a migraine anywhere and I don't believe a deserted island is an exception. My triggers are hunger, heat, and smells, so I can only imagine that two out of the three would have me reaching for the bottle. The only down side to me popping pills is that I can't just swallow a pill.  I have to have water to take it, so I guess if my headache was bad enough - which it would be - I would either die choking with a pill in my mouth or succumb to using salt water.


{two.}

Alcohol.  And for once, I don't mean the kind you can drink.  I'm talking rubbing alcohol. And it's only fair that I have the cute little package of cottonballs to go with it! So, yea.  Alcohol. And besides!  It's flammable!  Once I get a spark going, I can just pour on the alcohol and poof! Fire!! But I chose this more for bug bites, stings, cuts, and things like that.



{three.}

And I guess I would be TOTALLY stupid if my fair-skinned self didn't take sunscreen. I mean, didn't YOUR moma keep the sunscreen in the medicine cabinet when you were growing up? I sure would hate to fry on a deserted island!


And speaking of a deserted island, I saw on social media this week that some peeps that were stranded on an island were rescued when a pilot saw the word, "Help" spelled out using tree leaves. Genius!

This was so much fun! Can't wait to share my books with y'all next month! Linking up with Mix & Match Mama.



12 comments:

  1. I wish "alcohol" was considered a medicine cabinet item, because I would bring it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun girlie!! And you are brilliant, you'll have the best fire, no headache and no sunburn!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One can only hope, Andrea!

      Delete
  3. Such a good call on the sunscreen - that would be on my list too! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. A girl needs her sunscreen!!! Great idea about the rubbing alcohol too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For serious...it was a huge toss up between alcohol and neosporin. Too bad I didn't think about the flammable factor!! And I'm going to need to borrow that sunscreen. haha..that is NOT in my medicine cabinet and never crossed my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just remember growing up, my mom kept it in the medicine cabinet. I still keep it in our bathroom cabinet, but not with the medicines.

      Delete
  6. What a interesting post, not sure what I'd bring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rubbing alcohol.....you are a genius!!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rubbing alcohol!!! Totally something I didn't think about...;) Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks - I would totally bring sunscreen too because I hate being sunburned!

    ReplyDelete