Thursday, April 14, 2016

Thursday Confessions ~ Take 10


Hey, everyone! Thanks for stopping by today and reading my weekly confessions.  It's crazy, but I kinda look forward to Thursdays here in Blog Land. It gives me a chance to play catch-up with what we've been up to, voice my true feelings and be as sassy as I want to be about it!  

I confess...As a family, we did something last Wednesday evening that we hardly ever do and that's play hookie from our daily evening routine.  I'm a stickler for routine, but when I found out my alum was playing our rivals in softball last Wednesday night, I asked Alise if she wanted to ditch leftovers, ditch studying, ditch laundry, and head over to the softball fields.  I was so glad she said yes! It was a great evening of Mommie & Me time - the weather was perfect - and even Wayne joined us later when he got off work. After the game - we won! - we went out to eat and it was just a happy night for us. We all enjoyed it so much! It's okay to ditch routine sometimes {I can't believe I just said that!}. We went back to the softball fields on Saturday for the ladies Pink Out game and I was reminded of why I like evening games best! It was so darn hot!


I confess...I truly believe that God can take something so awful and tragic and turn it into to something so beautiful. Beautiful beyond words. He can take a wrong decision made so many years ago, and make it the best decision ever made. Romans 8:28. Do things happen in your life where you think it's God, but you're not quite sure? Do you wonder if it's just "all in your head"? Do you ask for a sign? I did. And this was my sign that God gave me this week.


And then I got this one the next day!


And then this one later that same evening.



I confess...I am back on the water kick and have begun limiting my Diet Cokes to one in the morning. It makes me very cranky!  Just sayin. I nearly started hyperventilating when I passed them up at the grocery store this past weekend.

I confess...Most of you probably know that Siblings Day was Sunday. S asked me if I would teach her how to make tacos and brownies for her roommates, so we spent a few hours in the kitchen that evening. On the way home, she asked me, "Do you know it's Siblings Day today?"  I said, "Yes." She paused and then she said, "Alise?  Wanna take a picture with me?" My heart went to my throat and tears came to my eyes. And then later I saw that S had posted the picture on her Snap Chat. I may have cried again. Love both of these girlies so much!


I confess...I was scrolling through Shelly's blog last weekend looking for the printable for my Queen Bee post, when I noticed a picture in one of her collages of a black and white striped dress with a green cardigan.  LOVE my green cardigan and had never thought about styling it with my own striped dress.  So Tuesday, Shelly and I were Twinkies!  Love the look!  I had planned to wear a leopard scarf, too, but I couldn't find it and I was running behind, so I just threw on my Kendra Scott necklace {that you can't see} and went to work! Love twinning with my friends! Oh, and I did switch out the shoes for leopard wedges.


That's all I've got this week, Peeps!  Enjoy your Friday Eve!

7 comments:

  1. love all of this. link it up today at my party if you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cardigan and striped dress !!! And once a while it's totally good to ditch the routine !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Kimm!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic application of Romans 8:28!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michele. That verse has definitely been on my heart lately!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the shout out friend. Isn't God just the sneakiest at placing those signs in our paths. Thankfully we have open hearts in time to notice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, He knows just what we need to hear when we need to hear it!!

    ReplyDelete