Actually, I think this was a recipe that I use to make and I gave it to my mom! Ha! I completely forgot about it and how light and yummy it is. When Leigh suggested I make something with strawberries - since it's strawberry season here in Louisiana - for our Life Group party on Friday night, I called my mom and asked her for "my" recipe. Since everyone loved it - and we had it again on Easter Sunday - I thought I would share it here today on my blog.
Strawberry Trifle
1 prepared angel food cake
2 cups of sliced strawberries
1 14 oz. container of strawberry glaze
8 oz. cream cheese, softened (use Philadelphia only)
1 12 oz. container of Cool Whip
1/2 to 3/4 cup of Splenda
Take 2-4 slices of the cake and tear into pieces and line bottom of trifle bowl. With mixer, cream softened cream cheese and Splenda. With a large spatula, fold in the Cool Whip. In a separate bowl, combine strawberries and glaze. Spread about 1/2 of the strawberry mixture on top of the angel food cake. Then on top of that, spread 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture. Put another layer of the torn angel food cake; then the rest of the strawberry mixture then the cream cheese mixture (end with cream cheese mixture). Can garnish with strawberry halves. Chill for about an hour or two. Sometimes, I make 1/2 of the strawberry and cream cheese mixtures to have extra for layering.
Enjoy!
Monday, March 28, 2016
Laura
Hi there, I'm Laura, I'm the happiest wife, the loudest cheer mom, and the craziest girlfriend you'all ever have, I'm a Southern Belle living in a Southern world!
you may also like
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Y'all! I'm Laura
Welcome to my blog! Wayne and I have been married twenty four years and we're blessed to have a teen daughter and a dog named Jack. We are BAMA fans living in "da boot" of Louisiana. I'm the happiest wife, the loudest cheer mom, and the craziest girlfriend you'll ever have. I'm a Southern Belle living in a Southern world!
Stay Connected
[socialcounter]
[heart][http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/horton-family-8560181]
[facebook][https://www.facebook.com/laura.a.horton.98]
[twitter][https://twitter.com/laurahorton]
[pinterest][https://www.pinterest.com/laurahorton/]
[instagram][http://instagram.com/laurahorton0120/]
Search My Blog
Subscribe
Subscribe by email
Sign up with your email address to receive new updates straight in your inbox.


Always one of my very favorites! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteOh yay!! I was hoping you'd share it! I'm making it this week!! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteBrad will be so happy!
DeleteI love trifles. We make them often. I sent you an email on a post. Check to see if you received it. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Michelle! I will check it!
DeleteI do not know what is more beautiful, this trifle or you? OK you win! I make a very similar trifle every June when the strawberries are a plenty here and I just love how beautiful this is! I hope your Monday is off to a marvelous start my beautiful friend!
ReplyDeleteGreat cooks think alike, Andrea!
DeleteI will be making this as soon as our strawberries are ready - we've got another month or two. Thanks for sharing - it looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteSounds wonderful! We are a strawberry loving family, so we will have to give this a try!
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy it as much as we do, Dianne! Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteYUM! This looks delish!! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletexo - Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com