
1. Wayne and I met in January 1993. I was dating his college roommate. Jeffrey and I were watching a movie one night and Wayne walked in carrying a Taco Bell bag, sat down in the recliner and proceeded to talk to us during the rest of the movie. I thought, "How rude!"
Our first Christmas as a couple, December 1993
2. On our first date, he picked me up in a jeep. With the top off! I wasn't happy about that because of course, I didn't want to mess my hair up and it was a forty-five minute drive to the restaurant. I never kissed on the first date. "Good girls" just didn't do that. But when Wayne walked me to the door that night and leaned in to kiss me, I just knew right then that I was going to marry him and so I broke my own rule and kissed my future husband on the first date.
Valentine's Day 1998, when vests were still in style
3. Wayne proposed in TCBY nearly a year and a half later. We both loved their white chocolate mouse yogurt, so it was kinda "our" place. I thought I had just failed an accounting test and so he treated me to yogurt and my engagement ring. Yes, he got down on one knee and I called my mom from the payphone outside to tell her the news.
Our engagement photo and reminder to not get your hair cut the day before pictures. Ever. I look so much like my maternal grandmother in this picture I think.
5. Wayne's dad died in August 1998 of pancreatic cancer. That was a difficult time for us and the first time we had to experience the death of a parent. There is still such a loss there, but we hold on to our hope of seeing him again one day.
At my sister-in-law's wedding, 1999
6. Studying for the CPA exam was tough, but Wayne was my biggest cheerleader. I would get so discouraged and yet he always believed in me. He would come home late at night from work and call my flashcards out to me before we went to bed. He likes to tell people that HE could have taken that test and passed it as much as he helped me study for it!
March 1999 in Shreveport, Louisiana receiving my CPA certificate from the State Board of Accountancy
7.The first time Wayne and I ever bought a house, I thought we were signing our life away. We paid $90,000 for our first starter home and we had some wonderful memories there.
Spring 2005; We would bring our baby girl home in a few weeks. I had the best hair when I was pregnant!
8. Our precious Baby Girl was born on May 26, 2005. We had been through so much and we just cried tears of joy. I will never forget the expression on Wayne's face as he held her in that hospital room. I couldn't believe we were a family of three.
Wayne's first Father's Day, June 2005. It was only appropriate to visit his father's grave that day.
9. We've traveled lots of places over our nearly twenty-three year marriage, but my favorite place will forever be Hawaii. We took a 7-day cruise to all the Hawaiian islands for our 20th anniversary. It was a trip of a life time and one that I will always remember.
Lake Tahoe, Nevada 2000
Dillon, Colorado, March 2004

Hawaiian Cruise, 20th Anniversary, May 2015
10. People ask us all the time why we're such big Alabama fans. After all, we live in LSU country, but Wayne's parents were from Alabama and moved to Louisiana before he was even born. So I guess you could say that it runs in the family. We're still very close with his Alabama family and some of my most memorable times with my man were attending football games together. The coldest game we ever went to was to see Mississippi State in TTown and I literally thought I was going to die from hypothermia! It even snowed! Oh, well. Bama won and fortunately for us, we'll always have our love to keep us warm!












Love, love, love! These pictures are gold. I am not sure I had heard the engagement story before ....or that I knew you once dated his roomate!! You guys have an awesome story.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Shelly! I can't remember if I shared the story on here about the roommate or not?! Maybe I'll revisit it one day??
DeleteI am just dying over the cuteness here with the pics & the stories.
ReplyDeleteMy goodness - I always thought your daughter looked like you - but TWINS!!!!!
Pancreatic cancer... man... that's tough. My grandma passed away from it & my uncle is fighting it right now - its the worst.
Just think how many more years of pictures you'll have to add onto this... love a good love story - thanks for sharing this today!
Thanks, Rebecca Jo! Your story was pretty special, too!
DeleteWhat a beautiful life you guys have built together over these 25 years! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteLove all of your memories together. You all have been through a lot. Right now my MIL has colon cancer and we just lost my dad last summer, so it's been a trying time for us. So thankful we have each other and God to lean on.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jen. Yes, if there was any piece of advice I can give regarding death of a love one, it would be the strength that comes from each other and the Lord.
DeleteI love you and I love what Wayne has given you! I didn’t know the back story either and it’s a goodie! Here’s to decades more of fun, love, crazy and many more memories to fill your hearts. xo
ReplyDeleteThanks, Beautiful! I am so blessed!
DeleteSuch sweet memories. I loved that you kissed him on the first date because you just knew. Great love story!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Carrie! I was such a "bad" girl that night! Lol!!
DeleteSuch wonderful and sweet memories to share!
ReplyDeleteThank yoU!
DeleteWhat a precious love story! And, Alise looks so much like you!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Holly!
DeleteLaura, this was such an enjoyable post. Just loved seeing all the pics over the years. Wishing you two love birds many, many more wonderful years!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Mrs. Lea!
DeleteAwww, I love reading this and getting to know you better. Love that you went back to look for pictures, such a blast from the past.
ReplyDeleteThanks, girl!
DeleteI love all the old pictures! You did much better than me - I only pulled pictures I already had on my computer! I enjoyed hearing all about your history with Wayne. So funny to remember a time with payphones and film cameras. I forgot that our annivarsaries are so close - ours is the 21st. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous love story! I will have to share mine with you one of these days! I am on my second act and its amazing!!
ReplyDeleteYes, I can tell that you and Tony are the happiest!
DeleteYou can just see your love for each other shining through in all your pictures. Love that he helped you study for your CPA exam. He's a keeper for sure :)!
ReplyDeleteI think so too, Lana!
DeleteYou have such lovely memories! I really like that you called your mom from a pay phone! I was thinking about my engagement and I remember calling from a cell phone, a very old one though!
ReplyDeleteLol Dara! I can't remember the last time I saw a pay phone!
DeleteSuch sweet memories! I also wrote about Hawaii on my list of memories with my guy. We stayed on Oahu, but we always say that we would love to go back and check out the other islands some day! :)
ReplyDeleteYou MUST go to Maui, Erin!!
DeleteIt was so fun to reminisce I agree and I totally dug out our photo albums too! I love all your pictures and sweet memories. Love that he proposed at TCBY and he ate Taco Bell the first time you met. Thanks for linking up xoxo ERIN
ReplyDeleteThanks, Erin!!
DeleteSo many memories from 25 years together! Wow! I think Hawaii is my favorite place I've ever been with my husband, too. I thought before we went that it might be "overrated"...but nope, it's not. It's amazing. I liked your comment about when he treated you to "yogurt and your engagement ring." :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a love story! You have so many great photos from over the years. Thank you for sharing them with us.
ReplyDeleteHoping to see Hawaii someday before I'm too 'far-gone' to wear a bathing suit in public! That means it needs to happen tomorrow. Heck, later today.
We are huge Cincinnati Reds fans, one of us more than the other, so we have gone to spring training in Arizona several times and try to hit one or two games each year. Which is tough living in Texas! Bama fans are true blue to the core, even if that means potential hypothermia.
Great post!
Okay, I have to know how you went from thinking he was rude to going on a date with him! That's a story to share! =)
ReplyDeleteLol Amber! Maybe I will share that story NEXT Valentine's Day! Hope you have a great one!
Delete