Monday, March 28, 2016

My Mom's Strawberry Trifle Recipe

Actually, I think this was a recipe that I use to make and I gave it to my mom! Ha! I completely forgot about it and how light and yummy it is.  When Leigh suggested I make something with strawberries - since it's strawberry season here in Louisiana - for our Life Group party on Friday night, I called my mom and asked her for "my" recipe. Since everyone loved it - and we had it again on Easter Sunday - I thought I would share it here today on my blog.



Strawberry Trifle

1 prepared angel food cake
2 cups of sliced strawberries
1 14 oz. container of strawberry glaze
8 oz. cream cheese, softened (use Philadelphia only)
1 12 oz. container of Cool Whip
1/2 to 3/4 cup of Splenda

Take 2-4 slices of the cake and tear into pieces and line bottom of trifle bowl.  With mixer, cream softened cream cheese and Splenda. With a large spatula, fold in the Cool Whip. In a separate bowl, combine strawberries and glaze. Spread about 1/2 of the strawberry mixture on top of the angel food cake.  Then on top of that, spread 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture.  Put another layer of the torn angel food cake; then the rest of the strawberry mixture then the cream cheese mixture (end with cream cheese mixture).  Can garnish with strawberry halves.  Chill for about an hour or two.  Sometimes, I make 1/2 of the strawberry and cream cheese mixtures to have extra for layering.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Always one of my very favorites! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay!! I was hoping you'd share it! I'm making it this week!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brad will be so happy!

      Delete
  3. I love trifles. We make them often. I sent you an email on a post. Check to see if you received it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! I will check it!

      Delete
  4. I do not know what is more beautiful, this trifle or you? OK you win! I make a very similar trifle every June when the strawberries are a plenty here and I just love how beautiful this is! I hope your Monday is off to a marvelous start my beautiful friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great cooks think alike, Andrea!

      Delete
  5. I will be making this as soon as our strawberries are ready - we've got another month or two. Thanks for sharing - it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful! We are a strawberry loving family, so we will have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do, Dianne! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. YUM! This looks delish!! Thanks for sharing!
    xo - Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

    ReplyDelete