Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Easter Dress

I just wanted to prove to myself y'all that Alise had a lavendar Easter dress every year until she was five years old. I can't find a picture of her two year old dress, but I remember it was poofy and had a little lavendar shrug to go with it. I loved finding all these pictures again!

Alise was almost a year old in this picture.  I miss that red tuft of hair.  We drove to Jackson, Mississippi, to find her first Easter dress because I told Wayne that I wanted it to be special. As soon as I saw it hanging in the window of a children's specialty shop, I knew it was the one. The picture makes it look lighter than it really was, but it was beautifully smocked with little pink roses and I loved the butterfly sleeves. I still have this dress tucked away in the attic.


Welcome to three year old antics!  I had forgotten about this dress.  I have my mom to thank for the hat.


Oh, what a day this was!  I remember it so clearly. THIS was the year the annual Easter pictures at Elsong Gardens ended for the Horton family! Someone was in meltdown mode that Sunday afternoon and it wasn't MOI! I was SO aggravated with Alise that day because she wouldn't cooperate and absolutely, positively wanting NOTHING to do with having her picture made!  She didn't want to wear the dress, didn't want the bow, didn't care about the Easter bunny, NADA! This is the best picture I got from that day. And one that I will forever treasure because she was apologizing. By the way, that is not a beer bottle in my hand!  I was so mad, I coulda drank, though! It was actually a Coke bottle.


And so that is it!  Five years old and Alise's first non-lavendar Easter dress.  Actually, I think I wore lavendar this year and Baby Girl wore pink.  She was looking for eggs in our front yard when I snagged this pic.





THIS year, I was quite surprised that Alise chose a white dress for Easter. For the last two years, her dresses have been green and even though we usually buy a white sundress for summer, she's never worn a white Easter dress. And then I had this FABULOUS idea for us to be Easter Twinkies this past Sunday for church {with a dress I already had in my closet}. Alise didn't like the idea, but whatevah! I'm the Moma and I said so!


And, yes!  I got a little TOO much sun this past weekend lounging by the pool.  More on that later this week when I "confess."

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading.  I love reading all you comments!  They put a smile on my face! Linking up this week with Tuesday Talk, What I Wore Wednesday, Waiting on Wednesday, and Party At My Place.

12 comments:

  1. Having three girls, oh do I understand the meltdowns over clothes, bows and shoes. I love the lavender color on her. But all good things come to an end as they begin to pick out their own clothes out. Much more good things to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought Alise looked beautiful in lavender, too. Her nursery was lavender. But she complained as she got a little older that she wanted her room pink. We moved and painted her room pink. Now she wants it lavender. Good grief!

      Delete
    2. Oh the world of little girls! Well, not so little anymore.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful little girl, beautiful dresses, happy memories for you. It's so fun to look back at our photos. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! This post was fun to put together!

      Delete
  3. Oh I remember those lavender dresses!! 💜 I loved them as much as you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know you did!

      Delete
  4. So cute. I love looking back on all the sweet holiday pictures. And agree, while you can't see her face the one of her hugging is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visions in white and lovely in lavender! These pictures just made me smile and I'm so grateful that for that. Beautiful girlies indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Andrea!

      Delete
  6. What a fun little look back! Love your white dress..looking ready for summer!

    The Queen in Between

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I normally save this dress for later in the summer, but I was hell-bent on being Twinkies for Easter!

      Delete