Wednesday, March 30, 2016

What's Up Wednesday ~ March 2016


What We're Eating This Week...Click HERE for this delicious dessert that I made for our recent Life Group party and Easter Sunday! So easy and so yummy! An "old" recipe that I had to "borrow" from my mom! Spaghetti and meatballs as well as bar-b-que chicken are on the menu this week.



What I'm Reminiscing About...I know I've said it already this month, but I'm still thinking about our anniversary cruise in Hawaii nearly a year ago. Good times and wonderful memories! 



What I'm loving...I am SO stinkin' proud of this girl! She had a 100 average in every subject last nine weeks! Who could ask for better? Baby Girl is enjoying spring break this week with her friends! When we go back to school, the countdown is on!  Only about 35 days left!


What I'm watching and reading...Reading absolutely nothing!  And I feel guilty about it, too. However, looking for things to change with that hobby since it's warming up and I can enjoy lazy weekends sunning by the pool with a good book! As far as watching, it's been all about March Madness!  If I have to hear S say one more time about how her brackets suck, I'm gonna kill her! She actually got me and Wayne back on the "How To Get Away With Murder" bandwagon again, and when it's just the two of us, Wayne and I are watching "Friday Night Lights." "House of Cards" is another show we'll pick back up again this summer.

What We've been up to...OH. MY. GOODNESS!  I had NO idea the level of "preparation" it took to get a twenty-one year old ready for spring break in Miami!! ALL the appointments! By the time S left for Miami last week, she had been spray tanned, had her brows done, her eye lashes extended, her hair glossed, her clothes washed, a mani and pedi...The only thing we weren't able to do was find her a bathing suit she liked.  I told her she would have better luck in Miami with that anyway. She's texted and face timed me a few times, so at least I know she's still alive. I also stalk her on Snap Chat just to be sure she's behaving herself {like I have a say or anything}. My mind can't even begin to comprehend being in Miami for Spring Break. D was also at the beach with her family {NOT Miami}, so I got to hear from both the girls while they were on spring break. Can't wait to hear their stories when they get back!


What I'm dreading....Nothing that I can think of right now.

What I'm working on...My tan!  And I seriously FRIED myself this past weekend!  I laid out by the pool for five hours on Saturday and enjoyed every stinking bit of it! No one bothered me and I thought I was in Heaven! Aloe Vera gel is my new best friend!

What I'm excited about...I'm really not doing somersaults or hyperventilating over anything right now.  Life is good!

What I'm listening to...I mentioned earlier in the month that I had been listening to some R&B, but it's really no fun when you don't know the lyrics {There were only a few songs I "liked" anyway!} So, much to S's chagrin, I've reverted back to my '80's and '90's stations on XM, but she was quick to ask to change the stations during all the "chauffering" I did last week!

What I'm wearing...You can check out what I wore on Easter by clicking HERE. Also, my latest "fashion post," - if you want to call it that - is HERE. Points for me for finally changing out my fall and winter clothes for spring and summer this past weekend!  SO many cute things I forgot I had! Hopefully this year, I won't be in a boot and I'll be able to enjoy more of my summer wardrobe than I did last year!

What I'm doing this weekend...As of now, we have no major plans.  The Bigs are still out of town and I want to enjoy the weekend before Alise goes back to school on Monday.  I foresee more pool time and a grilled steak in my future this weekend! Maybe a movie with Baby Girl!

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month.... Our anniversary! Twenty-one years! No plans as of this writing, but we're both taking the day off. Maybe a long weekend somewhere. Who knows?

7 comments:

  1. Sitting out by a pool sounds wonderful right now as I woke up to a chilly house. This crazy weather. Okay, I've sent you an email and wondering if it ever made it to you. Let me know if it didn't fly to your box. I have a question for you and now I will have to switch the question to May. Email: grammietime15@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is heading to Vegas today and also did the pedicure, manicure, brow, spray tan cycle. It's hard work for these girls today :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Vicki! You totally understand!

      Delete
  3. A blessed life.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot imagine being in Miami for Spring Break, sounds scary to me. :o)) Enjoyable post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine being in Miami either and I think after three days, she had had enough. She's back home in her sunny town in Florida and will return to us this weekend. I miss her, but we've been in contact, so I know she's okay.

      Delete
  5. Sitting by the pool while your man cooks you a steak - that sounds like perfection! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete