Thursday, March 31, 2016

Thursday Confessions ~ Take 8


Wow!  I can't believe I've been sharing these little confession sessions with you guys for eight straight weeks! I don't know if that is a good thing of a bad thing!?  Ha!  Here we go:

I confess...First and foremost, I totally got waaaay too much sun this past weekend. Ouch! The good news is that I wasn't in THAT much pain, but it was the ITCHING that got to me!  I would wake up in the middle of the night and just want to rub the burn because it itched so darn much!  Luckily I had some aloe vera on hand and it was all good. It was still a little too cool for an actual bathing suit, so I opted for a cami and shorts and enjoyed myself immensely by the pool.

I confess...Wayne and I watched The Revenant .  Oh. my. gosh.  First of all, it broke my heart to see my "Jack" looking so old and just plain grungy.  Second of all, the first bear scene nearly sent me over the edge.  Waaaaay too much blood for me, but I really liked it! Lots of covering my eyes throughout. So glad he won an Oscar for that movie, even though I didn't care for his acceptance speech.

I confess...Had date night this past weekend with my love.  He is SO good to me! I really needed a night away with uninterrupted adult conversation. And a glass of wine. This is us in the car on the way home. Wayne is always the serious one, so when he made a goofy face with me, we had a great laugh!


I confess...My mom rocks!  She made roast for Easter lunch instead of ham because I was craving it.

I confess...I fiddle-farted with some fake eyelashes this past weekend and at the last minute decided not to wear them for date night. I had bought some for S for her to go to a party and they were just too dramatic for me, so I ripped those suckers off.  However, I am contemplating getting extended lashes. Just because.

I confess...The Easter Bunny really sucked this year.  However, if you count all the things Alise has gotten in the last two weeks from Wayne and I, she racked up pretty well.

I confess...I'm liking Snap Chat more and more.

I confess...And speaking of social media, I fell for it.  I'm talking about the "feed change" on IG!  Oh, dear, Lord, I wish I had never pushed that "Get Notifications" button!!  My phone has been blowing up all week with notifications! I couldn't handle it anymore.  I went and turned them all back off!

I confess...I can't believe this is the last day of March! It seems like the first was just yesterday! However you feel about it, enjoy your day!

10 comments:

  1. Yes, March definitely flew by. Regarding the Revenant, I loved the movie, but definitely felt like I needed a shower after all that 1800s grunge! And I remember back in the day, when I always got a burn at the beginning of spring/summer because...duh, that's how you got your base tan. Remember when SPF 8 was considered lots of sun protection and most of the sun products were sun-tanning oils. And that explains why I have freckles/sun spots everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told Wayne that I felt like I had my eyes closed so much during the movie that I think I want to watch it again. Luckily, my burn has turned to tan already and yes, I do remember SPF 8 and using baby oil and laying out on the roof tops! Cah-RAY ZEE!!!

      Delete
  2. I love that you tried fake eye lashes! My 16 year old niece had a pair of Ardelle's on recently and I loved them on her so they are actually on my Target list to grab on my next run. I am looking forward to trying them. Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen - What number were they? Would love to know. The pair I tried was the brand, Ardelle, too, but they were just a little too dramatic for me. I'd be interested in trying another pair. Hope you have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  3. My husband has been wanting to watch the Revenant but I'm not sure I can handle Leo like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, Brittney! I have to admit, it was pretty hard, but it was really a great movie!

      Delete
  4. oh girl yes, snap chat is where its at! and the Instagram update..i don't quite understand but all I know is that I won't be "following" people and getting a million notifications! Unfortunately, i know my favorite users usernames on there, so I will just search for them. Which stinks for like everyone else whos pic I would "like" scrolling through..why are they making this change!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keith is always so serious too and I totally crack up when he does something silly. Yea for dates! Easter bunny sucked at my house too...I literally took Dillon to Walgreens at 9:50 Saturday night and told him to pick what he wanted for his basket. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved my lash extensions, but it became costly. I had to get them "filled" every two to three weeks. But they were beautiful. I love date nights and goofy selfies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still on the fence about the lash extensions. My friend's extensions are gorgeous!

      Delete