Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My favorite Dresses of the Golden Globes

Did you watch the Golden Globe Awards Sunday night?  I didn't watch.  The only awards show that I normally watch are The Academy Awards and even that one can be a little boring and seem to drag.  But I digress.

So even though I didn't watch the award show, it doesn't mean that I can't post my top favorite dresses.  Right?  With a little help from the Internet, I'm still able to see all the lovely dresses and post them here while I watch Downton Abbey instead.  Ha!

Without further adieu, here are my favorite dresses from that star struck night! And maybe a few snarky comments thrown in for good cause! 



  Reese Witherspoon - Classic and I'm a little partial to her because she's close to my age.  Someone tweeted Sunday night, "Thank you, Reese, for looking so healthy."

  Viola Davis - I also saw on Twitter that white seemed to be the color for the night, however, there seemed to have been alot of red, too.  Love her hair!

   Taylor Schilling - I'm not ashamed to admit that I don't know who half of these actresses are.

   Jessica Chastain - I'm still trying to figure out exactly what color this dress is...?

   Emily Blunt

   Katherine Heigl - One of my top three best dressed of the night.

   Ellie Kemper

   Helen Mirren -  Gosh, I hope I look this good when I'm as old as she is!!

  Julianne Moore - This dress reminds me of a fish.  I don't know why, but it's the second picture of a red head wearing silver - a style I didn't think would go well, but I might try to pull it off one day, myself!

  Jessica Lange - Classic and simple, but why does she always look so mad?  And oh, the work on that face!

  Amy  Adams - Another red head in lavendar.

  Christine Baranski - Love the design and that the dress is crimson instead of red.



  Brooke Anderson - I just love Brooke Anderson!

 Nancy O'Dell - Another one of my top 3 picks!




So who were your favorite dressed celebrities from the Golden Globes?
Laura
Laura

Hi there, I'm Laura, I'm the happiest wife, the loudest cheer mom, and the craziest girlfriend you'all ever have, I'm a Southern Belle living in a Southern world!

3 comments:

  1. Ditto your comments about Reese and Helen Mirren. They look great! I think I like Amy Adams' look the best. She also gave a really heartfelt acceptance speech.

    I watched the awards and kept noticing that everyone had a sheen of sweat on them. Later I learned that the A/c wasn't working and it was very muggy in the building. Everyone looked a little annoyed about it during the show! I guess celebrities are human too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost picked Emily Blunt because I love her and she looked great. I loved the reds too. I think I read somewhere that they used to tell the ladies not to wear red because it clashed with the red carpet - I guess that's old school thinking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched on and off. Always curious to see what they are wearing. However, I got so tired of watching women have to pull up their gowns on stage! GEEZ...get a dress that fits or don't go strapless.

    ReplyDelete