Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My favorite Dresses of the Golden Globes

Did you watch the Golden Globe Awards Sunday night?  I didn't watch.  The only awards show that I normally watch are The Academy Awards and even that one can be a little boring and seem to drag.  But I digress.

So even though I didn't watch the award show, it doesn't mean that I can't post my top favorite dresses.  Right?  With a little help from the Internet, I'm still able to see all the lovely dresses and post them here while I watch Downton Abbey instead.  Ha!

Without further adieu, here are my favorite dresses from that star struck night! And maybe a few snarky comments thrown in for good cause! 



  Reese Witherspoon - Classic and I'm a little partial to her because she's close to my age.  Someone tweeted Sunday night, "Thank you, Reese, for looking so healthy."

  Viola Davis - I also saw on Twitter that white seemed to be the color for the night, however, there seemed to have been alot of red, too.  Love her hair!

   Taylor Schilling - I'm not ashamed to admit that I don't know who half of these actresses are.

   Jessica Chastain - I'm still trying to figure out exactly what color this dress is...?

   Emily Blunt

   Katherine Heigl - One of my top three best dressed of the night.

   Ellie Kemper

   Helen Mirren -  Gosh, I hope I look this good when I'm as old as she is!!

  Julianne Moore - This dress reminds me of a fish.  I don't know why, but it's the second picture of a red head wearing silver - a style I didn't think would go well, but I might try to pull it off one day, myself!

  Jessica Lange - Classic and simple, but why does she always look so mad?  And oh, the work on that face!

  Amy  Adams - Another red head in lavendar.

  Christine Baranski - Love the design and that the dress is crimson instead of red.



  Brooke Anderson - I just love Brooke Anderson!

 Nancy O'Dell - Another one of my top 3 picks!




So who were your favorite dressed celebrities from the Golden Globes?

3 comments:

  1. Ditto your comments about Reese and Helen Mirren. They look great! I think I like Amy Adams' look the best. She also gave a really heartfelt acceptance speech.

    I watched the awards and kept noticing that everyone had a sheen of sweat on them. Later I learned that the A/c wasn't working and it was very muggy in the building. Everyone looked a little annoyed about it during the show! I guess celebrities are human too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost picked Emily Blunt because I love her and she looked great. I loved the reds too. I think I read somewhere that they used to tell the ladies not to wear red because it clashed with the red carpet - I guess that's old school thinking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched on and off. Always curious to see what they are wearing. However, I got so tired of watching women have to pull up their gowns on stage! GEEZ...get a dress that fits or don't go strapless.

    ReplyDelete