Monday, January 12, 2015

Menu Plan Monday - January 12th


Hello everyone and Hello Monday!  At least it's not LAST Monday, right? Remember? The dreaded Monday back to school, work, and most of all ROUTINE right after the holidays?  The one you thought you'd never make it through?  Well guess what!  You did it! I did it!  We all did it!

Now let's have some M&Ms!!

How do you like my new graphic design?

You're probably wondering why I chose M&Ms for a backdrop to a menu planning design.  Whelp.  It goes like this.  Chocolate is a basic food group in our house and we always have a bag of M&Ms lying around on the island. Wayne knows my love language because when we're running low on the candies, he always picks me up a new bag.  Now, it doesn't help with the whole weight loss thing, but sometimes just a handful of M&Ms can make this Mama very JOYFUL {pun intended for those of you that read my blog every day and know what the heck I'm talking about!}!!

Since last weeks menu was easy peasy to get us over the hump of getting back into a routine, I decided to add a few NEW recipes this week.  These recipes are much heartier and hit the spot for the cold weather we've been having lately. And what also helps is that the prep time can be done ahead of time {which is usually how I spend my Sunday afternoons} or fairly quickly the same night. Here's our menu:

Sunday - Stuffed Pepper Soup - I've seen this all over the internet and I really, really want to try it even though Wayne doesn't like soup.  Don't ask.

Monday - General TSO Chicken - Since it didn't happen last week!

Tuesday - Enchilada Casserole & Mexi-Corn

Wednesday - YOYO

Thursday - Chicken Parm Casserole & Garlic Bread

Friday - Breakfast Buffet & A Movie

Saturday - Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches & Fries

Dessert of the Week:  Cream Cheese Brownie Cupcakes  Enough said.

I halved this Apple Crisp recipe last week for a mid-week pick me up!  It was gone by Friday!  Just sayin.

Join me and many others as we link up with Laura each week for Menu Plan Monday by visiting OrgJunkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment