Friday, January 09, 2015

Friday Top 5

Hello everyone and thanks for stopping by to visit my blog!  I'm linking up with the lovely ladies for 5 on Friday!  Join in the fun!!

I know technically it's not the first Friday in January, but gosh darn it!  It seems that way to me!  And how in the world could it possibly be the 9th day of 2015? With all the holidays and taking time off from work, it seems like today should be the first Friday of my birthday month.  But since it's not, I guess I just need to move on and get over it.

Here are my Top 5 on Friday for this week!

{one.} I'm new to the whole "Fixer Upper" bandwagon.  I mean, I had HEARD about it, but {don't hit me!} I'm not really an HGTV fan. Gasp! I just don't watch alot of TV, period.  But last week, Kelly blogged about it and then Sophie blogged about it on Ree's blog, and I've been seeing all the hoopla on Twitter, so one day last weekend when Wayne was flipping through the channels, I said, "Hey! Do me a favor?  Search for 'Fixer Upper' on the TV guide and see if you can find it."  {See?  I don't even know what channel HGTV is!}  Well, he found it and there were like four back-to-back episodes coming on the next day so we recorded them.  And we watched.  I actually watched, y'all!  And the rest is history.  We watched four episodes and now we're hooked!  The new season started Tuesday night!


Favorite new HGTV show!!  Fixer Upper!  Meet the Restoration Pair in Back From the Brink: A Fixer Upper Story from HGTV
Source

{two.} And speaking of TV shows, did everyone catch the season 5 opener of Downton Abbey?


Oh my goodness, y'all!  If you're not watching this show, then you need to be! I just can't say enough about it!  It's funny, it's serious, it's clean...it's just one of the best shows on TV in my opinion.  Of course if there was ever an era in history that I felt like I would belong in - other than the one I'm living in right now, of course - it would be the DA Era.  Just sayin.

{three.} Last Sunday, I got to meet one of my favorite blog friends and her daughter for the second time!  And THIS time, we remembered to get a picture!!


Lauren is such a sweet, sweet friend.  I think we could just sit around and talk all day over our sweet tea!  You can visit her blog HERE. Tell her I sent you!

{four}.  My word of the year is JOY!  Are you a resolution kind of girl or do you just choose one word?



For me, less is better and I can't seem to keep a resolution anyway.  But somehow I can manage to focus on one word all year.  You can read about my JOY! journey HERE.

{five.} I'm really trying to make a conscious effort to not buy anymore fall and winter clothes for the remainder of the season.  I have everything I need {and then some!}.  So that means, I won't be shopping as much as I normally do. Besides, we're saving for our Hawaiian Cruise that starts in approimately 85 days, 14 hours, 5 minutes, and 3 seconds {I'm not really counting...YET!}.  So anyway, what I AM wanting to buy is a new MAC lipstick that will transition me into Spring.  I bought my first tube of MAC {don't laugh} around Thanksgiving and it was the shade, 'MAC Red.' It was perfect for Christmas!  But now I'm looking for something in another shade.  Any ideas?!  Please don't recommend an orange shade!

Happy Friday Everyone!  We've got a quiet weekend planned that involves cleaning out the closets and drawers in Alise's room!  Should be LOADS of fun!!

I'll be back on Monday with my menu plan!

2 comments:

  1. I am not a TV watcher much either but I LOVE Fixer Upper...Carly & I watch it all the time! I actually went to an event she hosted in Waco in October and they are just as fun in person. I have saved a bunch of tv shows to my amazon prime account and hoping maybe with the crappy weather I will actually catch up. I think the last steady tv I watched was Friends...how sad is that! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fixer Upper. The whole family likes watching it! Have a good weekend ... TGIF!

    ReplyDelete