Thursday, January 08, 2015

On A Lighter Side

I feel like my posts this week have been a little "deep" or "heavy."  I won't apologize for that because that's just the way it is right now in my personal world.  However, I have chosen to walk on the "lighter" side today and talk about what's been going on in our neck of the woods!

On Monday, I had a parent/teacher conference at Alise's school.  It was nothing important...just what our school has always done the first Monday after Christmas Break...Parents meet with their childs' teachers and pick up their report cards for the first semester.  I'm happy to say that Alise made all A's again for the second nine weeks and we are so darn proud of her!  

Ms. O had nothing but complimentary things to say about our Baby Girl.  She said she is very active in class and likes to "help and assist" her classmates and Ms. O when the time allows.  She said that when Alise has moments that she's away from her close friends, she shows great "leadership qualities" - to which my heart just smiled and soared {insert JOY!}.  And then she said that she can be a little bit bossy on the playground - and then my feet hit the ground again! Ha ha! Ms. O says that she likes to second guess herself on tests, which I found very surprising, but it was all good and I was extremely pleased.  I can't tell you how much we love our school!

So on Tuesday, it was back to routine {insert JOY! again} for us.  Alise choosing an outfit without the two of us having a knock-down, drag-out, hissy-fit was the highlight of my morning!  And when she was ready to walk out the door at 7:15, I wanted to SHOUT for JOY!  Y'all hear what I'm saying?  Our evening got even better when I picked her up from school and she told me she only had TWO tests this week!!  But her spelling words are atrocious this week!!  We'll be studying this weekend because I know we'll get bombed next week.

Our only "problem" this week has been with Jack.  Baby Puppy likes to wake up at like 4:00 AM and wants to go out to do his business and then play! On Tuesday, he woke Alise up at 5 AM and I was worried all day that she would have a migraine, but she didn't. We're still working on all the training that goes with having a new puppy in our family, but it hasn't been just absolutly terrible. If we can get him on a better schedule, I think we'll be doing fine.

We've had some honey crisp apples on the island for weeks now {one of those grocery runs that the hubs made and comes back with all kinds of things I didn't ask for} and I hated to throw them out, but I knew they were getting close.  So I whipped up this Apple Crisp recipe and everyone loved it {I halved the recipe}!  It was so warm and yummy!  Can you say 'Pinterest worthy'?

Last night, Alise had tumbling practice.  But that was before we stopped by the school for a few minutes to watch the elementary boys basketball game. Several of the boys on the team are her close friends and she loves going to watch them play.  So after a few minutes of the game, we headed to tumbling.  I'm not sure if I mentioned it here before or not, but we decided to get Alise her own personal coach for tumbling. The class she was in fizzled out and the coaches she was paired with just weren't cutting it. In other words, Mommie had a melt down and had words with the gym that I just wasn't getting my moneys worth. One of the coaches wanted to take her on and the rest is history.  Alise loves her Coach, no more tears after a lesson {for me or her!}, and she already has her back hand spring!  She's working on something else now, her tuck, maybe? Either way, I think we have a future cheerleader on our hands.  School cheerleading tryouts are in February and I would love, love, LOVE if they would ask her to try out for the junior high squad, but I don't anticipate that happening.  That squad is small, but they don't normally let the 5th graders cheer with the 6th, 7th, & 8th graders.

I read yesterday that the state of Louisiana has seen double the number of flu cases as compared to this time last year.  Yikes!  Stay well and stay warm!!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Alisse! Glad you are having a good week back to routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Alise! Yes, once the puppy settles in and is on a better routine all will be well. I can so see Alise being a cheerleader. My Elie would love to have her on her squad!!

    ReplyDelete