Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Introducing: 2019's Color of The Year

Well, I certainly know one friend of mine that is going to LOVE Pantone's 2019 color of the year selection! Mrs. Andrea Nine over at Living On Cloud Nine! One of her favorite colors is coral and so I know she is oh so happy about this selection for the new year and I can't wait to see how she incorporates this color into her fashion! Be sure to stop by her blog and say Hello! 

Pantone chose "Living Coral" as it's color of the year and here's what they had to say about it: "An animated and life affirming hue with a golden undertone that energizes and enlivens with a softer edge." 
Cotton SMART Color Swatch Card
And so for those of you like me that prefer a little inspiration with the big announcement, these pics are for you! 
Pantone's 2019 Color of the Year Is Here | Apartment Therapy

Pantone Hopes Its 2019 Color of The Year Will Make Life Less of a Dumpster Fire Meet "Living Coral," a color that symbolizes our need for optimism.  We can all probably agree that 2018 hasn't been the best of years, for reasons I likely don't have to list out here. But with just a few weeks left until 2019, Pantone is hoping to usher some positivity into all of our lives in the New Year. To do so, the color company has declared "Living Coral," as its 2019 Color of the Year.

Pantone's 2019 Color of the Year Is Just What You Need to Brighten Up Your Wardrobe


Even Princess Eugenie is loving Living Coral this season. 
So what do you think, Friends? Yay or nay? Is Pantone's color choice for the year in your color wheel?
Laura
Laura

Hi there, I'm Laura, I'm the happiest wife, the loudest cheer mom, and the craziest girlfriend you'all ever have, I'm a Southern Belle living in a Southern world!

26 comments:

  1. Girl, you soooo know me so well....I little let out a little excited scream when I saw the color was coral! Can I get a BIG YAY all the way for CORAL and for YOU! Love you sugar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek! I knew you would love it!

      Delete
  2. My new phone is coral, I'm so trendy! Ha! I do like coral and I especially love it on our friend! But in all seriousness I like it with pink - such a pretty combo. Have a wonderful Wednesday dear friend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would LOVE to see your fashion inspo and favorite color with this new color of the year, Kellyann!

      Delete
  3. I love coral, especially in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coral has always been one of my favorite colors. It makes my skin look darker than it is :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful! I love this color - definitely vibrant! Best summer clothes color ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love the color but probably not fashion wise for me. Maybe a nail color and certainly not a paint color. But, to each his own, it's what makes the world go around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And of course Andrea shared a coral jacket today. CRAZY!!! I love coral too. Our living room in VA was coral and such a happy room. Thanks for telling me...I hadn't heard. LOL!!! I guess I live under a rock. HA! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! Andrea DID wear a coral jacket today! I just realized that!

      Delete
  8. I think this color is so pretty, but not on me. Looking forward to seeing how everyone styles it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it in the summer when it really pops for me. I don't have anything coral in my home anymore although I did have it many years ago when I live in FL. It will be interesting to see how many people pick it up and use it in their decor. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I'm excited for this color of the year because it actually flatters me! Ha! Popping by from Andrea's blog to wish you a happy birthday weekend!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes, Gina!

      Delete
  11. Such a lovely color! I heard through our super sweet mutual friend (who you mentioned in this post ;)) that you have a birthday coming soon! Wanted to pop by and wish you a wonderful birthday weekend ahead!! I hope you enjoy an extra special one celebrating well and surrounded by those dearest to your heart!! Happy, happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes, Brenda!

      Delete
  12. Happy Birthday!! Andrea said I should come over to wish you a fabulous day, so here I am.
    And isn't that such a lovely color. Especially with the hot pink...one of my favorite combinations!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jodie, for the birthday wishes!

      Delete
  13. Oh my gosh I want that coat so badly! I love that entire outfit. I will have to check out this color as I think it is in my wheel...we shall see. Definitely will have to bust out one of my fave OPI polishes...cajun shrimp!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coral is such a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just looked up the color of the year and discovered it coral. As an artist I’m pretty excited about creating lots of coral pieces. I love that coral bag and that coral mixer. Or course Princess Eugenie is killing it in coral. Have a great day Laura
    xoxo
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coral is such a pretty happy color and remixes of summer. I would love a T-shirt to wear for summer with my jeans. I am popping in from Andrea’s blog Living on Cloud Nine to wish you a happy birthday. Hope you have a fun time.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a top in this coral color this weekend in Walmart. I think it was 3/4 sleeves and tied on the side. Very cute!

      Delete
  17. OUUUUUU! I love this color! I have a scarf in this color...what is it with me and the scarves??? But I'm not ready for pink to go away! So torn!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am excited about coral for 2019. It is one of my favs and now I have an excuse to buy more of it. Need to start with a new coral Lipsense. Let the buying begin!

    ReplyDelete