Thursday, June 08, 2017

Thursday Thoughts No. 4




Back to sharing some of the many (ha!) crazy thoughts going on inside my head today.

I seriously considered a "what's in my purse" post, but after snapping THIS pic, I was like, "Nah!  Why bother?" 

Truth is, I NEEEEEEEDD a new purse and I found a D&B purse I liked in TTown a few weeks ago and then talked myself out of it. I don't buy expensive purses. That's just me and I'm okay with it. But if you need drugs, I'm your girl.

Also while we were in Alabama, I got to talking to my cousin, Mirya, about spaghetti squash and how I really wish I could hire someone to just do that whole process for me. I want to try it, but I don't want all the work. I think the texture would just send me over the edge. 

I made Stephanie write thank you notes for her graduation gifts the night before she left the country. She said, "We don't do this in Orlando." I said, "You're not in Orlando anymore, honey! It's the southern thing to do, so get to writin'!"

Alise and I are "ate up" with the cooking shows this summer!  Did y'all see Cory on Food Network Star last week?! I have my personal opinions (of course!) of some of the other contestants, but I'll save them for now. We're also watching Master Chef on Wednesday nights. I've seen an advertisement for Gordon Ramsey's new show, but I haven't decided if I'm ready to go there yet. 

Only in Louisiana does a twelve year old name her pink flamingo pool float, Leonard. Well, ol' Leonard's two wings busted recently at pool parties and Wayne is in tight with the manager of a local pool supply store in our area and she offered to give him store credit for the ol' bird AND let us keep Leonard!  So now we have a bird and a pineapple floating around in our pool! OH!  AND a donut AND a watermelon. No more pool floats, please!

I had to google how to spell the word, confidentiality, at work this week. I've always been quite the speller! Blonde moment indeed.  

How in the hell is it that every. single. one. of Alise's camps this summer, the prices have gone UP, but the camp is shortened by a day?! That makes no sense to me!

Within the last two weeks, I've had to explain about pregnancy tests and little foil packages. 

Anyone else need a drink?

16 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm glad I haven't had to explain those things this week! I'm with you on the purses...I like lots of inexpensive purses to rotate through instead of one or two expensive ones. Have a good Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not looking forward to my "discussion" with Alise a little later this summer.

      Delete
  2. Yes! I need a drink too - join me? I've always said that Midwestern values and southern values are really similar. We write thank you notes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to join you for a drink, Vicki! I'll bring the apps!

      Delete
  3. Oh girl...you have me in stitches. Glad those talks are over!! You have the pool and the floaties...I'll bring the drinks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come now, Lauren! The weather is great!

      Delete
  4. I fully rely on spell check!! No shame ;)
    I try to widdle down my purse stuff. My shoulders & back cant handle it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally have to carry a purse with shoulder straps, but long enough so that the purse isn't like right under my arm pit, if that makes any sense?

      Delete
  5. Love your randomness! We blew up an alligator for our pool who was then promptly named "Jack." Love that you made Stephanie write thank you notes- It is very frustrating to me when people don't write to express their thanks. We are going to watch the first season of Kids' Baking Championship on demand since we watched the 2nd season this past spring. Have a great rest of your week, hopefully free of explaining pregnancy tests!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can't stand it when I don't get a thank you note!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If for no other reason than to know they received the gift right?!! I didn't let my older two cash their checks from graduation until they wrote the thank you notes.

      Delete
    2. Exactly, Shelly! That's a good idea, too!

      Delete
  7. Good Lord woman...you are a walking pharmacy. OK...spaghetti squash. I was the same way. Just buy it! It's so easy to fix. If you want details let me know. We had it last nightšŸ‘šŸ¼ Happy "random" weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a better idea! You just fly to Louisiana and make it for me! Walking pharmacy indeed! Ha!

      Delete
  8. I just bought a new purse! I needed a bigger one. My wallet was falling out. Not wise!! Love this post today!

    Your neighbor at #TuesdayTalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bigger the purse the better, imo!

      Delete