Thursday, August 18, 2016

Here We Go Middle School

My cell phone sucks.

It's my "old" phone because my "new" phone fell in the pool at the beginning of summer.

And y'all know how much I hate to use the word, "sucks." I really hate that word.

My Nikon is also out of service.

Thus the crappy first day of middle school photos!

And guess what?!  Mama didn't cry!

Here's our traditional photos in front of the fireplace and staircase!



And my personal favorite!  Love this Girlie!  She is so funny and just loves life right now! I can't get over how grown-up she looks! Breaks this mama's heart! She was like, "MOM!  Come on!!  Hurry up!!" When I bought this shirt for her, I was like, "I was 11 years old myself in 1984! Wow!"


And this Girlie! Oh my goodness!  We spent yesterday afternoon correcting hair color. I'm so glad she's blonde again! Whew!


She asked me, "So...are you gonna come take first day of my senior year pics of me?"

Pah-leese!

18 comments:

  1. She looks so grown up! Hope she has a great year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki! I do, too!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful girls! I hope they both have a fantastic year full of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so adorable in that poolside picture!! So grown up! Hope she has a great year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelly! Me too!

      Delete
  4. So cute! Praying she has a great year. She has grown up so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It honestly feel like over night, Lauren! I feel like I put a little girl to bed and when I woke up, she was a teenager! Yikes!

      Delete
    2. I hear ya! She has matured so much since our last visit!! Like she went from little girl to full blown tweenager!!

      Delete
  5. ahhh - those first day pics - gotta have them. Especially as a senior. The LAST FIRST day of school :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower
    From Baton Rouge

    www.kellydeniseblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. "LOVE" the shirt correlation!! Both girls....are dollies and Alise's look..priceless!! So, here's hoping the 2nd day went just as well as the first!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alise had an awesome week for her first "half" week of back to school. Here's to hoping for a great year!

      Delete
  8. Love the picture of your daughter by the pool - she looks just like you! Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lana! I call Alise my mini me all the time.

      Delete
  9. She's a cutie for sure...hope her first few days back have been good ones!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Laura! This week has been so overwhelming for sure!

      Delete