Tuesday, May 17, 2016

I Don't Do Bucket Lists or Ukrainian Food

So even though I really don't do bucket lists, I wanted to join my friend, Shelly's link up this week and I look forward to reading everyone else's lists. If I had to choose one word to sum up our summer, of course it would be FUN! Our June is really packed and then July is a much slower month for us, so we're just gonna enjoy it and embrace it, if it will just ever get here!  This is our last official week of school and Awards Day is the 25th. Good-bye, elementary and hello, middle school! Heaven help me!


And SPEAKING of school, I had to take the Big Kid to her last final this past Friday.  She called me at 7:30 that morning and asked me to pick her up and drop her off at her class.  I was like, what?! Mommy needs to take the Big Kid to school, too?! But I did it anyway because I knew she was oh-so nervous.  Her final was being counted twice to replace an exam she missed due to being out of town for a basketball game earlier in the semester.

I honestly sat down Sunday night to "psyche myself up" for the work week and thought, where did the weekend go and what did we do? I honestly couldn't remember! And then it hit me!  Oh yea!

On Friday night, we had an "End of Junior Year" party with S and some of her roommates, teammates, and friends at her apartment on campus. She asked me to make some party foods and bring them, so I did. I forgot how late college parties get started and so by the time everyone got there, I was ready to turn into a pumpkin! One friend came and brought her own crawfish and I swear that girl put away ten pounds of crawfish all on her own! The party was alot of fun - everyone was in a good mood because the spring semester was over and graduation was the next day - and I was just thankful that S and her friends let me hang with them for a few hours.  Okay, so maybe more than just a few hours. I got home at 1 AM!

On Saturday, let's just say that Steph wasn't feeling too well and I think when she saw the French Toast on Snap Chat that Alise and I were making, she got a little hungry {and jealous!} and called to ask if I would come pick her up. I did and we came back to the house so I could make ANOTHER batch of French Toast and then we spent the remainder of the day laying out by the pool while my favorite mermaid swam for the first time this year.


Alise had a friend over to spend the night Saturday night and because I "never cook for Stephanie..." {her words!  Can you believe it?} I made meatloaf, potato casserole, and green beans.  I know that's probably not the menu you feed a friend that's spending the night, but AG DEVOURED the meatloaf! Much to S's disappointment, there were no leftovers and I thought it was so funny! I can't remember the last time we were home

On Sunday, we went to church, ate Mexican for lunch and came home for much needed naps. Later that afternoon, we took Jack to a local dog park and he absolutely loved the fact that he wasn't on a leash and could roam where ever he wanted and make new friends, too! On the way home, I got conned into stopping at not one, but TWO different pet stores so that Alise could look at the beta fish. Don't ask!  I got suckered into buying one.  His name is Blue Burrito and maybe I'll share a picture of him soon. When we got home, I started on a new stir fry recipe that the girls liked but Wayne and I didn't.  And just now as I was linking the site, I noticed that this recipe is Ukrainian.  Nope!  No more Ukrainian food for me! Bleh! After supper, Steph and I went walking and afterwards is when I found myself wondering just where in the heck our weekend went!

I'll be in and out of Blog Land for the remainder of May.  Like I said earlier, this is our last week of school and next week we'll be celebrating Alise's birthday. Looking forward to the lazy days of summer that will be here soon enough!

18 comments:

  1. I'm glad someone else in blogland does not do bucket lists. If there is one thing and one thing only I do this summer, it is to go back to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think re-visiting the beach is perfect for the summer, Michelle! Bucket lists are over-rated! Ha! JUST DO IT!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarita! I hope you have a wonderful summer with those precious girls, too!

      Delete
  3. This is our last full week of school also and we are R-E-A-D-Y

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Kimm! Me, too!!

      Delete
    2. Me too, Kimm! Me, too!!

      Delete
  4. Goodness. That's bad when you're so busy that you don't remember. #MomLife
    I'm kinda wanting french toast now :)
    & cant wait to see the pic of the new fish. I'm always up for a pet store trip.
    Hang in there during this busy season. Summer will be here soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literally, Rebecca, it was like I had a brain fart or something. I believe wine really does kill brain cells! Ha!

      Delete
  5. I wanna kiss that mermaids cheeks!!! Sooo cute!! And that pool is calling my name!! Girl, I need to make you my French toast casserole, you bring the strawberry parfait and we're gonna do brunch!!! I need a blog break. I can't even breathe with these boys graduating and activities. This mama is a wreck. Wish we could go in a girls trip after!! Happy early birthday to your gorgeous gal!! Love you both to pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sweetie! Enjoy these moments! Cherish them! They may never happen again.

      Delete
    2. Oh, sweetie! Enjoy these moments! Cherish them! They may never happen again.

      Delete
  6. Enjoy all that time relaxing! Happy last week of school!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm.....meatloaf, potato casserole and green beans...followed with Mexican Food?!! Sounds like my kind of week. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're hardly ever home on Saturday nights and if we are, we're outside grilling something. So the whole meatloaf thing was kinda weird, but there was NONE left over! Allie's mom called me this morning saying that's all she's talked about is Ms. Laura's meatloaf! Ha!!

      Delete
  8. I came over through Shelly's linkup. This was my first attempt at a bucket list, but my kids were all into it, so it may become a new tradition. I love that mermaid suit! How cute is that!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry I haven't been by lately. I've been such a blog failure! I'm with you - just looking forward to summer getting here already. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love making bucket lists; now if only I could get myself to stick to them and do most/ some/ of the things on them...

    ReplyDelete