Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Facebook Bar-B-Que Ribs

Do you follow those recipe gurus and sites on Facebook?  I'm talking about the ones with the videos that show making a recipe really, really fast and everything always comes out picture perfect? I follow a few of them and I've tried a few of their recipes - but for the life of me, I can't remember which ones. I'm always looking for new recipes! Maybe one day I'll share some of the sites I follow on Facebook for all you bakers and cooks out there!

Having said that, Wayne - of all people! - recently found a recipe for Bar-b-que Ribs on Facebook that he wanted to try and so we did this past Monday night! Easy, peasy!  Supper and clean up was so quick!  The meat was literally falling off the bone! Definitely a recipe that we will try again in the Horton household! Wayne stopped at a local bar-b-que dive and picked up baked beans and potato casserole on the way home and supper was served! I thought I would share the love today by sharing the recipe with my readers!  Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Facebook Bar-B-Que Ribs via Tasty

2 cups of bbq sauce
1/4 cup of brown sugar
4 T. cider vinegar
3 t. oregano
1 t. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. cayenne pepper
1 T. chili powder
3 lbs of baby back pork ribs
salt & pepper

Combine first seven ingredients in a small bowl. Salt and pepper the ribs.  Place ribs in slow cooker and cover in sauce.  Cook on low for eight hours or high for four hours.  After the ribs are done, spoon the bbq sauce in the slow cooker over the ribs before remvoing.  Cut the ribs and serve with bbq sauce.

4 comments:

  1. Yum! Love me some good bbq ribs. Hubby makes a dry rub version that is soooo darn good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot for the life of me make a good rack of ribs. This recipe is calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try this!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good and much easier than the oven or grill. I subscribe to Tasty on youtube and love their quick videos. I was just about to put a link to them on my "linky love" post. :)

    ReplyDelete