Friday, May 20, 2016

Friday Favorites: I'm Back!

I've been a little MIA recently when it comes to Friday Favorites. Life is busy - hopefully it will settle down this summer! - and blogging has kinda taken a back burner. S has been staying with us since the college semester ended and I've been enjoying our days as a family of four. So forgive me if my posting is not as "scheduled" as it has been in the past, but I'm still up and going on social media if you're interested. With that, here are five Friday Favorites that make me smile today!

{one.} Who's ready for a POOL PARTY!?! We're so excited to have our pool up and going again after the fall and winter months! This picture is actually from a few years ago, but I'm still using the red, black, and white color scheme. We've bought new plants and Wayne has recently spruced up the flower beds, too. Steph and I have been laying out on the weekends with the radio cranked up and we've already had several pool side nights enjoying something delicious from the grill! It's been wonderful enjoying the pool in the evenings and we're looking forward to spending even more countless days outside.


{two.} I ran in Walmart yesterday morning before work and I saw these oh-so cute graphic tees for only FIVE DOLLARS!  I'm sure availability and sizes depend on the location, but surprisingly our store had some really cute ones {not shown here}.  However, I would run if I were you!  If your Walmart store is anything like ours, the really cute things go quickly! My favorite is the pink: "Sorry for what I said when I was Hangry!"  Ha!


{three.}  It seems like everyone in Blog Land has been posting food and/or recipe posts this week and even though it's been a good week in the kitchen for me, I have nothing spectacular to report. Except for Tuesday Family Night.  Steph likes to joke about it, but she usually manages to invite a friend over and this past Tuesday was no exception.  She invited a teammate this week and we played endless rounds of  Uno and watched a movie. Wayne and I both made a full course breakfast bar - complete with MY scrambled eggs that have cheese and ham in them!  We had pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs, grits, and biscuits {Steph's request} with homemade blackberry jelly. Everyone was stuffed!

But where I'm actually going with this is to ask whether or not you've tried the brand, Alexia?


We discovered this brand recently at Walmart when we were deciding on onion rings to buy and we loved them! Their frozen food quality is so delicious! We love their rings, their sweet potato fries, and tonight we're trying their brand of onion reds. I'll let you know.  I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by their website - which includes recipes - and the variety of frozen food options available. Looking forward to trying even more new things from Alexia!

{four.} Pool floats have become a big deal at our house!  I know the lighting/shading is bad, but here is a pic of Alise and Katie on our donut float last summer.  I never thought the donut would survive another pool season, but so far, so good!


In anticipation of her upcoming pool party for her birthday with friends, Alise is wanting even more floats!  She's reallying wanting this popsicle float! Too cute!


{five.} A few weeks ago, I saw Laura, from I Do DeClaire sporting this little white dress on her blog and I fell, y'all!  HARD!  So I ordered it!


And now I have a LWD for summer!  It needs a little ironing after the packaging, and even though I absolutely hate to iron, I'll do it for this dress! I love to wear white dresses in the summer to church and weddings and I can't wait to wear this one!  It's summer perfection in my book!

That's all I've got today, Peeps!  Our weekend has POOL written all over it! 

Oh!  And dinner with Wayne's ex!  I mentioned that last week and everyone went nuts!  Ha!  More on that next week!

Peace out!

18 comments:

  1. Have you tried Alexia Rosemary Herb French Fries...wonderful flavor. Such fun plans. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't tried those, but they sound delish! The onion red potatoes were very good last night, too!

      Delete
  2. I'm on my way..bathing suit and wine is all I need, right??? What??? Dinner with the ex...oh deets soon girl...deets!!! I saw a pineapple float so have that blown up for me, k. Love ya and have the BEST weekend by the water and make your pool boy Wayne bring you whatever you need!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I forgot to tell you, I just ordered that same dress last week, we will have to coordinate and do a twinkies post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Andrea! That is freakin' awesome!! I told you we had the same tastes!! Can't wait to be twinkies with you!!

      Delete
  4. I am LOVING the pool chairs--so cute with that red pop of color! And the pol floats are to die for---especially for a gal on a diet ;) I'm also now going to have to take a looksy on Walmart.com as well as ordering that dress. I thought I did good on containing my purse strings this week...thanks a lot! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! And you'll love that dress! A great price for such a pretty, feminine look.

      Delete
  5. We always use the Alexia brand - its in our health food section. They have great sweet potato fries too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we LOVE the sweet potato fries! Yum!

      Delete
  6. We have tried a few things from Alexa, including their bread, and loved them. This post makes me want to try some more. Great quality, for sure. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO glad you like that dress as much as I do! Can't wait to see it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the alexia brand! Got to try those onion rings... I love breakfast for dinner! Happy weekending!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous that you have a pool. I would be out in it and in one of those cute floats all day--wearing a bikini in the privacy of my own yard too! I love that dress and can't wait to see it on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. On my way! The pool looks amazing. And yes, Alexia's products are awesome...well, the ones we can eat around here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like summer is off to a fun start for you. I've never heard of that brand and I buy groceries at WM all the time. I'll have to check next time I'm there. What a cute dress for you young girls. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like so much fun grilling by your pool and just hanging out - good times. We love Alexia's sweet potato fries! Also, that little boho dress is just Gorgeous. I am seriously tempted to order it, too. Have a wonderful week, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am jealous of your pool! I love the red & black color scheme and the fun floats! It looks like a little bit of paradise! I just bought Alexia sweet potato fries this weekend and am excited to try them. They look yummy!

    ReplyDelete