Thursday, April 21, 2016

Thursday Confessions ~ Take 11


Let's get started!  I have alot to confess! And even though Jessica postponed this week's linkup, I felt like I would really be letting my readers down if I didn't "confess something."  Ha!

I confess...I am a #blogfailure this week.  It's our anniversary week and I'm trying to do everything that needs to be done so my love and I can get out of town later this evening!  So excited about a long weekend away! Happy number 21 to us! You can keep up with us on IG and Snapchat!

I confess...I went to a co-worker's wedding this past weekend and didn't take a gift! Oops!



My beautiful friend, R, is from Nepal, and although she and her husband are technically already married {JOP a year ago}, they had an Indian wedding for her family AND an American wedding for his family this past weekend. All I can say is that the womens' dresses were absolutely gorgeous and everyone at the reception was mezmorized with their dancing. It was a fun night with friends from work. Oh! And I plan to get right on that gift thing!

I confess...The girls and I spent a great afternoon at our zoo on Sunday.  S is SUCH the animal lover and one of the first things she asked from us when we got to know her last fall was that she wanted to go to the zoo. We managed to pull D away from all her activities and she brought a friend to go with us.  We had SO much fun! S was cracking me up with all the Snap Chatting she did! Now she wants a pet monkey! After the zoo, we had an early dinner at Red Lobster.



Love these girlies!  And yes!  That's me in the backseat. D insisted on driving to the zoo. We had a car load of girls! S made sure we had lots of very loud hip hop music to listen to.  I forgot how loud I use to play my music when I was their age! 

I confess...The final verdict is in and I will not be getting eye lash extensions ever again. Although S's still look freakin' awesome {going on five weeks}, I'm worried that I have totally screwed up my real lashes - which I was perfectly happy with before I got extensions. On Saturday, I googled how to remove them and I think only two came off!  Argh! I can't even begin to describe how silly I look and may have even resorted to wearing strips - not individual - of fake lashes to hide the gaps I've got going on.  S thinks it's hilarious.  So I leave you with these words of wisdom: Don't do it!

I confess...The water thing is actually going pretty well these days.  I have one Diet Coke in the mornings and by 12pm, I switch over to water and drink it for the rest of the day. I haven't had any red meat and I'm trying to watch the sugar. I felt skinny on Friday. And then I blew it at R's wedding!

I confess...One of the best posts I read last week was my friend, Lana's post, about her meeting a very popular talk show host a few years ago.  You can read all about it, by clicking HERE.

I confess...If you read Cyndi Spivey's blog, Grace & Beauty, you may remember that she mentioned this necklace earlier this week. Well, I ordered it.  Can't wait for it to come in!

I confess...Speaking of jewelry, I've lost one of my Pandora charms off my bracelet and I'm absolutely sick about it! I think Jack may have eaten it!

I confess...That I nearly cried when S told me earlier this week, "I want a relationship like you and Wayne have." And just the week I needed to hear it, too, right? With our anniversary tomorrow? I know I talk alot about S, but she's had such a hard life and just when I think I've completely failed at showing her my Christ-centeredness, she says something that totally throws me off base and I think, "Okay.  Maybe she IS getting it!" She's been hurt again in the relationship department recently, but I am so proud of her for taking a stand about how someone treats her.  Please continue to pray for my friend.

That's all I've got today, Peeps!  Enjoy your weekend and I'll see you back here next week!

16 comments:

  1. I very seldom bring a gift to the actual wedding. I usually have it sent before hand to the home or after the wedding when I know where the couple will be settled. I think you are good here! Sounds like a lash fail for sure. When it works out for someone else, it certainly wouldn't for me, so I don't even bother anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rakshya didn't have a wedding shower or anything like that, but she did register at a few places. Time just got away from me. Good thing we work together! I can just bring it to work!

      Delete
  2. Having only been to one indian wedding I can attest to how gorgeous the women's dresses are and the dancing is so so fun!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so jealous! I wanted to wear one of their dresses, too! It was alot of fun! Everytime I see pictures on my FB feed from their wedding, I smile! Thanks for stopping by, Biana!

      Delete
  3. I loved that post about Lana and Ellen! So fun. Now super important: you and Mr. Horton get outta Dodge and go have the most glorious anniversary weekend! Make it as much paradise as Hawaii was and how can it not be with you two beauties! Anniversary hugs and lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Andrea! I am SO darn excited!! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Girl I am definitely the queen of walking into a wedding and thinking Oh shit...I forgot a gift! Those girls are lucky to have y'all in their lives!! Happy 21st!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! Ours was yesterday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!! 21, wooohooo. Andy Stanley has a fabulous series called Love, Sex and Dating. S might want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww...thanks for the shout out! I hear ya on the Diet Coke - I've been trying to only have one a day, and drink water the rest of the time. But I miss it! Congratulations on your anniversary - you guys are such a great couple. Hope you're having the best time on your weekend away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 21st Anniversary! Hope you have a fabulous getaway...I'm loving the Instagram photos so far. And way to go on the Diet Coke. That is a great idea to give yourself one each day instead of trying to go cold turkey. Have a wonderful weekend with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 21st! And you two still look like newlyweds. I think it's funny that you and I both tried lash extensions at the same time and both hated them. I don't think I lost too many of my own with them and I hope yours grow back soon.

    ReplyDelete