Monday, April 25, 2016

Mother's Day Gift Guide With the Letter P

Happy Monday, Peeps!



It's nearly May, which means it's almost Mother's Day.  How do you like to celebrate your special day? We usually invite my parents over the Friday or Saturday before and Wayne grills steak or chicken and we spend the rest of the afternoon just visiting until my dad decides he needs a nap! I like to call Sunday "my" Mother's Day" and Alise likes to "surprise" me with breakfast in bed. Of course, I already know about it because I have to buy all the ingredients the day {or night!} before! My perfect Mother's Day is just hanging out with my family, maybe some quite time by the pool with a book, or a late evening walk in our neighborhood.

Today I'm sharing some ideas for Mother's Day and it just so happens that they all begin with the letter P.  I love doing these little collages, but I simply just don't have the time to always make my posts as pretty and graphic as I'd like.  But when I started brainstorming this idea, it just so happened that as I began to list all the things that would make me oh-so happy this Mother's Day, they all began with the letter P. Weird or just coincidence?


//the Perfect card// Honestly, I've never really been a "card person."  But my mother is!  She sends a card for everything, which I know I will probably regret one day. Cards just always make me have a real, ugly cry and who wants to do that? However, when I read this article about cards for "cool" moms, not regular moms, I thought, I think I could actually read one of these and not have an ugly cry! Day made!

//a Pedicure// I am in SUCH desperate need of one of these babies!  Usually by this time of year, I've had at least two or three, but no such luck this year.  That's becaue my Baby Girl has insisted on keeping my toes in color herself lately!  She'll always be my favorite pedicurist! But I'm secretly hoping for a gift certificate to my favorite salon!

//Pioneer Woman dishware//  I'm embarrassed to admit that I STILL haven't gotten any of PW's dishware!  And I have FINALLY decided that I would like a set in the denim color. Some girls don't like getting dishes or cookware for special occassions, but I'm a "dish girl." They make me happy and I like having multiple sets to entertain with. Having said that, NO appliances please!  No toasters or blenders!

//Pandora charm// Love my charm bracelets!  I wear them every day and I'm very picky about what I put on my bracelets because I want them to be for special occassions. I recently lost a charm and I'm absolutely sick about it, but I would love a new one!

//Pinot grigio// I love this glass! Dang it!  Mommin' ain't easy and sometimes, this Moma just needs a glass of wine. Although I am not a fan of pinot grigio, it went with the theme!  Ha!

//Peppermint Essential Oil//  This oil is my favorite pick-me-up!  It is so energizing and helps me in the afternoons when I'm drowning in H2O and work.

//Philosophy Fragrance// If y'all know me or have been reading my blog for very long, then you know how much I love these products!  Amazing Grace and Pure Grace are my two personal favorites. Love, love, love this stuff!

//Pendant by Kendra Scott// I bought my first KS piece for my birthday in January and I wear it every. single. day. I absolutely love it and the extender so you can lengthen or shorten the necklace. Every girl needs at least one piece of KS and I love this necklace because it looks so dainty and feminine with the rose gold, which is quite popular right now.

//Purse by Kate Spade// It's been years since I bought a pink purse, but the bow was the actually selling point.  I love this!

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading today!  Would love to hear about your favorite Mother's Day gifts you've received in the comments. Wishing you all a terrific beginning to a new week!

I'm linking up with Tuesday Talk, The Pleated Poppy, Party At My Place, and Friday Favorites!

Also linking up with my friend Shelly's new link up, Spiel the Beans With The Queens.

16 comments:

  1. Perfect with a capital P!!! Love this idea!! I should forward it to my sons!!! Hope you and Mr. Horton had a fabulous Anni weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect picks! Our taste is so similar...I would love any of these surprises for Mother's Day! Hope your Monday is smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Laurie enjoy these Mother's Days. My Mom died 8 years ago and my daughter lives away and Mother's Day is just not what it once was and a rather difficult day for me. But, it's okay and I'm happy for all the other Moms that get to be surrounded by their family. Love your picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your Mother's Day is awesome this year in spite of not having your own mom and daughter nearby.

      Delete
  4. Love all your "P" things - especially that pink purse! My birthday falls on or around Mother's Day every year, so my family gets a double whammy. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom got me a dishtowel with that first saying on it for my Christmas stocking this past year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list of goodies. I love peppermint oil! I use peppermint oil to clean with often because it makes the house smell so good. And I swear it makes me feel better. :)
    I adore the glass and that Pandora charm too.
    Visiting by way of Party at My Place :)
    XOXO
    www.mrsaokaworkinprogress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Peppermint oil makes me feel so much better, too! Hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  7. Since you'll be a star next week, I'm featuring this post on Tuesday Talk next week in time for my Mother's Day edition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much Michelle! Hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  8. Love the alliteration! And I am going to have to try that fragrance! Thanks so much for linking up with us - day made!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is is with the dishes...ever since I was a Southern Living consultant I just can't get enough of the dishes!! Thank you sooooo much for linking with us Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite Mother's Day present was a spa package (it was amazing!!) I love the Kendra Scott necklace. I got my first Kendra Scott piece last week and fingers crossed that I get another one for mother's day. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's day. Jessica @ https://lifeloveandreality.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica! I think I've become a KS fanatic. We don't have one where I live, so anytime we go out of town, I'm googling to see if there is one in that area.

      Delete
  11. This list is awesome and I would be haPPy with any of those items! :)

    ReplyDelete