Monday, July 20, 2015

Hello Monday!

Last Thursday, we took the girls "shopping" - ten year old style - because they had some money burning a hole in their Vera Bradley purses!  We went to Claire's, Bath & Body, Justice, and Target.  Alise insisted on one of the donut floats that you've probably seen all over IG or Blog Land.  The thing is HUGE!! This picture just doesn't do it justice.


We could've fit three or four girls in the middle!  Alise and Katie loved it! 

While the girls hung out at the pool, I snuck off to the nail salon for a much needed pedicure!  I haven't had one since four days before my fall. I left Felicia in the car - she could take the heat! - while I enjoyed an hour of pampering. I had to opt out of the salt scrub and massage on my right foot, but it was amazing and I needed it so much! And I'm loving my new Strawberry Margarita shade!

I'm sure you're thinking that my foot looks better, and it does. It's getting better every week. It's still black on the bottom and turns purple in the shower (which is really weird), but no more tip-toeing around and I wear Felicia pretty much all the time, except for when I'm in the shower or sleeping. Felicia and I are tight, what can I say? We're just living the dream. Together. One day at a time.  I hate her!

We took Alise and Katie to Meridian on Saturday and met up with Doug and Mirya for the second week in a row. We did the "kid switch" and now Alise will be enjoying the week in Alabama! She was so excited to go and spend time with our family.

So then there were two.  It's just me and Wayne this week as we both head back to work.  Ugh! Oh!  And Jack! I guess I should count him since he had a little "procedure" at the Vet's last week while we were in Dallas.  Ahem.

Yesterday, I binge watched "Parenthood" on Netflix and I'm nearly finished with Season 2. I know y'all are tired of hearing me talk about it, but I just love that show!  I will say that the family sure likes to argue/fight a lot!  Good grief at the hollering! But they always seem to work it out in the end.

Wayne grilled steaks last night and we had baked potatoes and grilled corn to go along with it.  Our meal was SO yummy!  I'd rather have a steak via Wayne than anywhere else, really. There is absolutely NOTHING on Netflix that we can enjoy together, so Wayne and I watched, "The Making of the MOB," that we recorded on the AMC channel and it's a really, really good series if you're in to gangsters of the early 20th century. I've said several times, that I would've loved to have been a Flapper in the Roaring 20's! My favorite Halloween costume is a flapper dress with black fringe that my mother made me for a party before Alise was born. I threaten my Star Wars geeks that I'm going to wear it every year for trick-or-treating, but somehow, they persuade me not to.

I hope everyone has a great week!  I'm hoping to get our utility room cleaned out this week - on crutches!  We'll see how much I actually get done!  See you on Friday for Friday Favorites!  I have something really "cool" planned!  See ya Friday!

16 comments:

  1. Have a great week! With no kiddo at home you should be able to finish Parenthood ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brave. Getting a pedicure when my foot was broken wasn't ever in the cards, I was afraid they would hurt it more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, you will delight so much in the rest of Parenthood! I just cannot say enough about it!!! Makes me want to re watch it!!! Love, love that strawberry color in your tootsies!! Love those girlies in their doughnut...to cute!!! Yay to your grill master and enjoy sans kiddo this week! Fun kid switch and great idea!! Enjoy this week and can't wait til Your Friday post!!!

    livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be the week to be kid free! Jonah is in NOLA all week. It's very quiet here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The donut pool float is so fun! That pedi color is a perfect choice - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like happy feet in the heat of summer. It's almost time for me to get happy feet. A week without Alise, fun for you and Hubby and hope you enjoy it. But, mostly hoping you and Felicia can part ways soon. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never did watch Parenthood - I should probably put it on my list. Yay for pedicures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Parenthood is the best!! Love your nail color. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Molly. I'm almost done with Season 2! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. LOVE THE DONUT!!! So cute....I need one now. And now I want a pedicure too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the donut floatie! I'm also reminiscing now about always wanting to go to Claire's and Bath & Body Works and just about nowhere else! I love the color of your pedicure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am watching Parenthood too! I am early in the 2nd season...I love that I can binge watch shows on Netflix that I am too busy to catch when they are on originally.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the I don't sweat, I glisten comment - totally using that from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That float is fabulous

    ReplyDelete