Friday, June 26, 2015

Five on Friday: Favorite Dips

Earlier this week, Alise's softball coach sent a text that our end-of-the-year party will be this Saturday evening at a local pizzeria.  Now, I have to admit, I got a little sad.  Normally the party is at our house because of the pool and the cook shack and it turns into a great time for the kids and the parents.  I didn't say anything to Wayne about how disappointed I was that we couldn't host this year because of my accident.  Fast forward to Wednesday when Wayne calls me during the day and says, "Uh?  I think I'm gonna tell Clay that we can just have the party at our house!"  

{Insert smiley face}

We LOVE to entertain and have friends over so when Wayne told me that the party had been moved to our house, I knew I had to act fast.  Luckily, pizza was still on the menu and I called up a local bakery and ordered cupcakes to look like softballs.  Done.

Or so I thought.

My mind started racing for snack foods - mostly for the parents.  I mean, how many kids get out of the pool for dip and appetizers? I might be surprised.

I hadn't planned on posting a "Five on Friday/Favorites" post today until I started thinking about all the great dip recipes that we love and BAM!  A post was born!  Enjoy!

{And I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for not having any mouth-watering pics to go along with these wonderful recipes, but I didn't want to get arrested for copyright laws while I'm trying to plan a party, so just take my word for it and click on the links!}

{one.} Spinach Artichoke Dip.  If you do not have a Copeland's of New Orleans restaurant in your area, find one, run to it, and order the Spinach Artichoke Dip with Bowtie Pasta.  I promise you will NOT be disappointed!  Living 300 miles away from NOLA, Copeland's is one of the best restaurants in our area for cajun cuisine. We DEVOUR this stuff, y'all! Now.  About the recipe.  I've made this before and it turned out just like the dish at the restaurant.  But I will tell you this: it's a lot of work.  But to me, it's oh-so worth it!! You can leave out the bowtie pasta part if you want because it's excellent with chips or, another favorite of mine, bruschetta bread.

{two.} Laura's Fruit Dip.  Ha!  What a chef-worthy name, right?  Hey!  But you're going to LOVE this!  TWO ingredients!  I promise! Buy 8 ounces of cream cheese and let it get room temperature.  Mix it with 7 ounces of marshmellow cream and serve with fruit!  Easy, peasy!  And I WILL be serving it this Saturday night in a hulled out pineapple boat.  So cute!

{three.} Mississippi Sin Dip. In Louisiana, we call this, "Apache Bread," and I love, love, love this dip!  Especially with a glass of wine. However, in the wonderful world of Pinterest, it's called Mississippi Sin Dip.  Let's not draw lines in the sand, now girls! WHATEVER you call it, it's awesome and a perfect appetizer for entertaining!  Click HERE for my version or HERE for the version I found on Pinterest.

{four.} Buffalo Chicken Dip. Okay, I don't know about y'all, but I really don't care for meat in my dips.  Maybe in queso. But that's just me.  So when Angie told me she was bringing Buffalo Chicken Dip over one time for a party, I was like, "Hmmm...?!" {Insert confused face} But I tried it!  And discovered that I really, really like it!  It's more of a "man's dip" to me, but it's easy, it's got a nice flavor with a KICK!  And we like our food spicy!!  My favorite recipe is by Christy Jordan, also known for her phenomenal website, Southern Plate.  Click HERE for her Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe!  And if you're not following Christy on Facebook or Instagram, well, you should be!  I love her cookbook, Southern Plate, too. Check it out HERE.

{I'm beginning to see a pattern.  I think we like cheese.  And alot of it!}

{five.} Cherry Cheesecake Dip.  I discovered this dip around the holidays last year.  I found the recipe on Pinterest and took it to a New Year's Eve party at Leigh's and it was a HIT!  Everyone loved it!  I think it would be absolutely PERFECT for your 4th of July parties!  I might even make it for ours next week, too!  Click HERE for the link!

If you decide to try one of these great dip appetizers over the next few weeks, leave me a comment and let me know how you liked it.

Be sure to stop by next week! Felicia will be taking over the reins of the blog one day for your reading pleasure. I may regret it.

I hope you have a fun summer weekend for the last one of June!  Just think! Christmas is in SIX months!!

                                           

Bes of Baby   

16 comments:

  1. The fruit dip - I make the same thing but I use strawberry cream cheese and serve with assorted fruit. So yummy. By the way, giving you a SHOUT OUT on this coming week's Tuesday Talk. Join us back and see what I have to say about your "new friend."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, I've thought about trying other flavored cream cheeses and just never have. Thanks for letting me know that others flavors work as well, too. I may have to try the strawberry this weekend! And even though Felicia is a fuddy duddy, I still say thank you for the Shout Out next week!

      Delete
  2. Well, my goodness, you are quite the gal to undertake such an event while hobbling around. I'm sure it will be a barrel of fun for everyone, but take care and don't over do. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may need to crash this party!! You are fixing all my favs!! The buffalo chicken dip ingredients are always in my pantry bc my guys love it! Has W ever tried to fry the bow tie pasta like Copelands? B has talked about but never tried. Let me know if you need some help Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Com'on, over! The more the merrier! Especially if you can put up with 12 screaming and giggling girls!! You proved my point, Leigh, about CBD being a "man's dip" by always having the ingredients on hand. And, yes! Wayne has fried the bow tie pasta before and it turned out just like Copeland's. Sometimes we fry it and sometimes we just eat it with chips, but of course, my favorite way is with the pasta! I have lost my mind to have this party this weekend!!

      Delete
  4. You just made me so hungry. I have never tried that restaurant. There are none up here in my corner ;) I LOVE all dips. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Great List!! Spinach and Artichoke and Buffalo chicken are some of my favorites, but I actually have never made them at home, I need to change that...or maybe I shouldn't...might not be good for my diet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this post! What a fabulous idea. - Seri from www.Serisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Seri! Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog!

      Delete
  7. I love this posts! The easy fruit dip and the cherry cheesecake dip sound like things we would love in our house! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Lindsay! And those two dips are SO easy!! I made the fruit dip for a party last night!

      Delete
  8. Dip is one of my favorite things! My sister makes jalapeno popper dip that is always a HUGE hit! All of these sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for these recipes! I am a terrible cook so I love making dips and appetizers ! I can't mess those up much:) love the cheesecake dip!! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fruit dip and cheesecake dip sounds amazing! Thank you for linking up at Faithful at Home Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think dips might just be the perfect food. Thanks so much for all the recipes - will definitely be trying some!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh My Yum! I will be trying a few of these for sure. First up is the cheesecake dip!

    ReplyDelete