Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Words For Wednesday

Maybe you didn't notice, but I didn't reference the Hosea Bible Study I'm doing in my title this week.  I decided to take a week off.  And I have a peace about it, so I don't feel "bad" or like a "failure" for not completing week 3 of the study.

I needed some time.  I needed time with my daughter who was gone all week to church camp.  And even though Wayne and I had an enjoyable week together, I needed some family time, too.  I needed my Peeps! 

I'm not going to lie.  Last week with going to the orthopedist and getting Felicia (my boot), and trying to stay horizontal with a heavy boot and crutches, and trying to figure out how I was going to drive myself to work and get Alise to her regular camp for the rest of the summer, it was just a bad week.  And I KNOW nothing was broken, and I KNOW I'm fortunate enough that this is just a season and I won't have to use crutches for the rest of my life, but it's still hard.  I'm tired of looking at all our carpets rolled up in our house just so I can wheel around in a rolling desk chair to get my normal household duties done!  

Thank you for allowing me to have a pity party.

But I also needed time to digest what I shared with you guys last week about the difference between our 'identity' and 'iddiction.' I told you the first week, that I felt like God was calling me back to Himself this summer.  Because of work and deadlines, I had gotten out of going to church - most of the time Alise and Wayne would go without me while I went to work, I quit praying, and basically had the mindset of, "just let me get through this first and then I'll read my Bible again," and I just continued to put God off because - you guessed it! - something else always came up that needed my attention. I never stopped.

But I had time to blog.  I had time to get on Facebook.  And I had time to post pics on IG.  I had time to run to Target. I had time for a manicure.  I had time to read the latest novel.

And I think Tuesday night, on June 9th, God had simply had enough. He has now guaranteed His time because I can't do anything.  I can't pick my pajamas off the floor.  I can't brown hamburger meat for supper. I can't put my makeup on without a hand held mirror. I can't take Jack outside for his potty breaks {not that that's MY responsibility, but you get the point}.

But I can pray now.  And I have more time for a quiet time. I've opened my Bible more in the last three weeks than I have in the last three months. And ya know what?  It feels good!

The devil knows our weaknesses.  He knew Eve's.  He knows mine is busyness. Plain and simple. I believe if we don't make time for God in our lives, He'll make time for us.  Unfortunately, I'm having to learn the hard way now, but the lesson will be worth the journey.


9 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Laura! Hopefully this week will be better and you will start to get around more. I could really relate to how you talked about making time for the things we want to do vs. what we should do. It seems like I always have time for the computer, but not always for the Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for choosing time with God! I'm sorry to here you need a bolt but am so glad nothing is broken, like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes girlfriend, He has a way of bringing us back to Him...sometimes not so gently. As you know we've had a lot going on this year, and in the beginning I didn't lean on him enough...now I don't now how we would do it without Him! I too have found myself many times finding time for everything else under the sun, but when the hard times hit I've realized those "things" aren't what's going to get us through...He is!! Thanks for being so open.

    ReplyDelete
  4. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so can relate to what you are feeling. How can we fail to put him and the word first? Yet he puts us first and forgives when we don't. We are blessed and each day is a gift. You are a wise lady and so derserving of all things good!!! I just prayed for you and I hope this day is amazing beautiful lady!!

    livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was supposed to be hearts! There's not a like/love button so I thought I'd do hearts(purple of course!). Love you my sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the Lord can sure get our attention if He is so inclined to. And, it's great that you felt His urging in your heart and are making good use of your unplanned "down time." I am a busy person too, rarely sit down except at night and a major halt to my plans would put a huge kink in my life as well. But, we never know from day to day but we do know who holds our days and sees us through. What a joy to get to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I can totally relate to how you are feeling, although I haven't been away for only months, it has been much longer. They say you need to listen to the whispers and if you don't they get louder. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl I have the busyness bug too and I think that is why the past month had so much anxiety because all I could do was turn my heart straight to God. I couldn't make sense of anything else.

    ReplyDelete