Monday, June 22, 2015

Introducing Felicia

Hello, Peeps!  Meet my new BFF for the summer!  Isn't she GOR-geous!!



I'm justa boot skoot boogying over here in my crazy world, let me tell ya!

My readers are probably sick to death of hearing about my stupid story, but for those of you that aren't, or are new to my blog, well, grab a cosmo and let me tell you about it!  But bring me one, too! With one of those stirring straws. And a lime on the side {I can just hear somebody saying, "Is that ALL you need? Can I get you anything else, Laura?"}.

Two weeks ago, I fell on our stairs at home.  I was on the fourth stair from the bottom when I felt my foot slip out from under me {our stairs are wood and not carpeted}.  I remember hitting my elbow and my hip really hard and for the life of me, I can't remember how I injured my foot.  I don't know what I hit or how I did it, but I knew. I just knew when the pain finally registered that something wasn't right.  I seriously thought I had broken it.  Wayne and Alise had already gone to bed, so yes, I was THAT woman sitting at the bottom of our staircase hollering, "Help me! I've fallen and I can't get up!"

Definitely not my finest moment.

Last week, I finally decided to get up the nerve to see an orthopedist.  I had x-rays done in the ER the night that I fell and was told that nothing was broken and that it was just a bad sprain.  I say, "nerve," simply because I was worried I didn't get the correct diagnosis in the ER that night.  I still had the bad bruising, the swelling, and I couldn't put any pressure on my foot. I was back to thinking that maybe it really was broken.

And that's when Felicia entered my life.  It was love at first sight, as you can imagine!  We hugged and kissed and told each other how we were SO excited that we were going to get to spend the rest of the summer together! Can't you just picture it!?

{Don't tell Felicia, but I actually asked if she came in a different color!}

Two things I can be happy about through all this:

1.  Nothing was broken.  I actually told someone they would have to PEEL me from my bed and CARRY me to the OR if I had to have surgery.  This is coming from a 42 year old Mama that has never had surgery or been to the ER until two weeks ago. So, seriously, I thank God for my health.

2. I got a pedicure five days before my fall.  And actually Wayne likes to mention from time to time that if I hadn't gotten the pedicure, I probably wouldn't have fallen.  He said the bottom of my feet were too slick to match the slick wood of the stairs.  Whatevah.  I'm just thankful my toes are a beautiful color for the long haul.  Felicia may even have to stare from the sidelines while I get a polish change before this is all over!

And just for the record, Felicia is SUCH the party pooper!! She decided that after putting up with me all day, that she couldn't even FATHOM the thought of going out to eat with my girlfriends last week! Well, la-te-da!

Or maybe it's the thought that I couldn't FATHOM her being with ME! 



She just can't handle the fact that I rocked my bandages and crutches with this Pinterest inspired look!  She said shorts were not the appropriate attire for the Warehouse restaurant! And in the famous words of Auntie Em, "Being a Christian lady, I just couldn't repeat where I told Felicia to stick it!"



But here are a few pics of Felicia and some of her friends that she WOULD hang out with this week!

Sorry to kill you with my knees in this picture, but here's Felicia meeting Wendy Wedge for the first time.  I bought these wedges at Target in early Spring and oh, if I had only known what a blessing they would be!  Wendy is the perfect "lift" for Felicia.  I'm pretty sure the two of them will be getting along just fine this summer!  They're practically BFFs already and they see each other nearly every day!



I took this picture of Pinky Converse and Felicia in the car this past weekend while Wayne and Alise picked up Jack from the groomers.  Oh boy!  These two don't click very well.  I think Felicia's jealous of Pinky.  And Pinky doesn't "support" Felicia the way Wendy does.  Hope there isn't ever a cat fight!




Why Felicia?  Whell...I asked her the same thing!  She told me her name was Felicia so that after our little love affair for the summer is over, I can say, "Bye, Felicia!" {The little catch phrase that everyone seems to be saying right now!  It started in the movie, Friday, which I did not see, nor care to see.  But apparently, it's an "irrelevant person that no one is sad to see go or leave."} So even my Felicia knows that her time is short lived and I'm looking forward to the day I can say, "Bye, Felicia!"

Cheers to THAT, y'all!

Mingle 240      

Linkup Button  pleated poppy  I Feel Pretty Logo

19 comments:

  1. Oh you poor thing!! But you look absolutely fabulous in that black and red combo!! I am totally copying this look (hopefully without the boot). Blessings for quick healing my friend! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I know EXACTY how you feel! Last July I fell in the shower (killing a spider, yeah, stupid) and broke my foot. Had the boot, crutches, scooter, the works to get around. Did not name mine because I hated it and had to wear that thing till November. Our kitchen was in the middle of a redo so the house was not crutches friendly, if you know what I mean, Which I think you do. So my heart goes out to you. At least you got to paint your toe nails! You are rocking that in the glamour department! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gosh, Michelle! And I thought my situation was bad! I just miss being able to do the simple things. Like putting clothes in the washer/dryer {thought I'd never say that!}! I'm just grateful for the moments of joy I had before this happened like our cruise to Hawaii and taking my daughter to her first concert! Thanks for stopping by and reading today!

      Delete
    2. Giving you a shout out feature on this coming week's Tuesday Talk. Stop back and see as I share this fun post with other readers.

      Delete
  3. Ok, while I am soooo sorry you are having to go through all of this, I was in stitches the entire time reading this post! Maybe I should have had the girls name their boots...they did not find the humor in wearing theirs AT ALL!!!! Hang in there girlfriend. And yes, thank God for painted toes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, don't know anyone that could wear "Felicia" as cutely as you do. What a major inconvenience and hopefully it is short lived. And, I'm betting she is rather hot. Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still think we need to put some rosettes on her and leopard duck tape on the crutches!! Just saying!!! πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still think it's a good idea myself, Leigh! Just need to find the supplies!

      Delete
  6. This was hilarious! I love that you named her Felicia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So first of all, if there's anyone that can rock a "Felicia" you are that gal!! And I am loving that you asked if it came in any different colors---but honestly my first thought when reading that was, "Hmm, do people bedazzle anymore? Because that would be awesome." Secondly, I am still praying for a speedy recovery so that you can say "Bye Felicia". Much love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny! You are my biggest fan! And thanks for making me laugh about the "bedazzler." That's a word I haven't heard in a very long time!

      Delete
  8. This post completely cracked me up and I love that you named it Felicia. You have such a great attitude. I'm still sorry this happened and the next time I have callouses all over my feet I'm just going to think of them as good traction. I'd bring ya a cosmo and a cupcake if I could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Megan! I'm not sure about the great attitude, but bring the cosmo and cupcake! SOON!!

      Delete
  9. You are cracking me up! I love that you named the boot and I love that you are showing her "meeting" the other shoes. Too much fun. You are rocking those red shorts girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelly! I wish I had remembered to wear my leopard wedges that night, but I just didn't think about it. I think they would have worked with the outfit. Hope you're having a great week!

      Delete
  10. Rock that boot!!! I have those pink converse shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love, love, love my pink converse, Priscilla! However, they just aren't "tall enought" for me to rock that boot!

      Delete
  11. Ok, I am just catching up and this post cracked me up!! You are too funny! Love your pinterest inspired outfit and your pink converse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear about your fall! You have such a great writing style - loved connecting with you via Tuesday Talk! Thanks for linking up!
    -Sarah (co-host)

    ReplyDelete