Friday, March 06, 2015

Top Five on Friday

I'm just gonna say it: Spring Break is no fun when it snows!  Especially in the south!  Can it even technically still be called Spring Break?  I don't know about you, but this weather has really given me the blues.  I've just been so sad and unsociable this week.  I know I've said it a thousand times lately, but I'll say it again: even for this fall and winter loving Mama, I'm over it!  

I'm linking up with these Girlies to share with you my Top FIVE list this week of things that would oh-so cheer me up!!  And I promise they don't have anything to do with going on an Hawaiian Cruise in 41 days!  Because, that just TOTALLY makes me smile!!




{one.} No more headaches for Alise.  I'm working on another post that goes in to more detail regarding our visit this week to the pediatric neurologist.  Let me just say that I was so glad to walk out of there with two prescriptions!! I felt like I finally had what I needed to get my baby some relief from the migraines that plague her so.  I have never felt so helpless as a mother when she has one. But more on that next week.

{two.} I am in desperate need of a pedicure.  Desperate, y'all!!  It's so bad that I'm too embarrassed to try on sandals and open toed shoes at stores!  It's not the condition of my actual feet, it's the condition of the color on my TOES! Some toes are painted, some aren't.  The ones that are, are half painted at best and I know what you're thinking!  You're thinking, just paint the darn things!  And I've thought about that, too, but I don't have any polish remover.  A nine year old that lives with me used it all up.

{three.} I would love to curl up on the couch in front of the fireplace with a bowl of this deliciousness right about now.  Out of all the soups I've tried this winter, Cheeseburger Soup is by far my favorite!  Pure comfort food in a bowl. You can check out my Hearty Soups board on Pinterest by clicking HERE. Oh, and I'll be back to my regular schedule of Menu Planning next Monday here on the blog.

{four.}  I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I miss my three mile walks everyday {I'll be rethinking that whole statement this July & August when it's 110 degrees outside!}.  With the TIME CHANGE THIS WEEKEND, I'm hoping to resume my five o'clock wake up calls next week and start hitting the pavement. Exercise is a proven way to blast those winter blues, and Lord knows I'm sorely lacking in the exercise department these days!

{five.}  Last, but certainly not least, a night out with the girls or a date night with my man  would TOTALLY cure me!  But has anyone checked the movie listings lately?  Ugh!  There is NOTHING that peaks my interest.  I guess I'll just hafta hold out for a movie until April 10th when Nicholas Sparks' new move, The Longest Ride, opens in theaters. But a night out with friends and a few glasses of wine sounds devine!  Or a night out with my man, a cosmo, and some spinach artichoke dip sounds pretty wonderful, too.

Have a great weekend everyone!  And don't forget to SPRING YOUR CLOCKS FORWARD an hour on Saturday night!!

9 comments:

  1. So sorry about the migraines! My younger daughter was diagnosed with Chronic Daily Migraines after many tests and blood work. (I could have told them that diagnosis at the very beginning!) anyway, she is now a freshman in college and we have found 3 things that really help. (You've probably already tried all these, but thought it couldn't hurt!) 1) HYDRATION, HYDRATION, HYDRATION. 2) No MSG ( not just no Chinese food - we found even things like "bold" flavored Chex Mix affected her) and 3) a consistent sleep schedule - 7 hours/night is ideal, but also it doesn't work if she gets 3 hours one night and then tries to "make up for it" on the weekend. Too much sleep can be as bad as too little. I hope your daughter's headaches are more hormonal and maybe they'll decrease after she starts menstruating. (My daughter was a sophomore in high school when they started.) I had horrible migraines every month with my period that got better after my first pregnancy. Hormones are strange. Wishing relief for your daughter! (And you - it's horrible to see your child in pain!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, forgot to say, my daughter was also on Topamax for about 7 months, but it provided no relief. For her, the side effects were not good, e.g. hair loss and "foggy" brain. Hopefully, your daughter's medications will provide relief. Good luck! I look forward to reading your post about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee, thank you, thank you, thank you for your advise and wisdom! You are a hard person to link up with! Would love to talk with you about this more! Please email me when you have time. wayla0422{at}gmail{dot}com. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Date nights or GNOs cure just about anything! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right with you on the weather lately! This winter has been too long and too cold. I feel bad complaining about it, when those up north have to deal with much worse. But I like cool temperatures, NOT cold! And I am so sorry to hear about Alise's migraines. I dealt with migraines for many years, so I can't imagine how hard it is to see your little girl suffering. Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about walking. Last summer, I was out the door at 5:45 for my walk. I'm looking forward to the time change & warmer weather so I can take a walk after dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your photo on Lauren's blog and wanted to say you are absolutely adorable! I'm really not a stalker...I just believe in sharing compliments. :) I'm a new follower and I look forward to getting to know you! We've had sunshine here the past couple of days after 2 weeks of rain, sleet, ice and snow. So, so nice to see that bright light in the sky! It takes a bit to adjust to the time changes...wish we just didn't change, like AZ. At least we should have more light now and I need to get back to walking too.

    Hope you've had a fun outing this weekend! :) Stop by and say hi when you can ~

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Pat! Thanks for saying hello and thank you so much for your kind words! Feel free to stalk anytime! Ha ha! We had some sunshine today and I was able to get some exercise. It felt wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I laughed about your half painted toes - mine are exactly the same way! I'm interested to hear about your migraine medicine - my younger son gets them and they're no fun! I agree about the movies - it's just a vast wasteland at the theater right now!

    ReplyDelete