Monday, March 09, 2015

Menu Plan Monday - March 9th


I'm baaaack!

Here's our yummy menu for the week!

Sunday - Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli with rice

Monday - Coca Cola Pork chops & Cheesy Rice

Tuesday - Fiesta Chicken Casserole

Wednesday - Lasagna & Garlic Bread

Thursday - YOYO

Friday - Pizza cupcakes for the win!

Saturday - Jump Lump Crab cakes on Hawaiian Rolls

Lots of carbs and hearty meals this week, but it is what it is!  Just a few things I want to share with you as we try to get back into our routine after being on Spring Break last week!

I actually DID try a new recipe last week, even though I did not plan a menu.  I came across Mississippi Roast on a blog I was reading and decided that I was really in the mood for some comfort food.  So I stopped by the store on the way home, grabbed a mock tender roast and headed home to put it in the crock pot. And let me just say that it was THE EASIEST assembly ever!  The roast was DE-vine and just perfect!  I added some small whole potatoes and carrots and towards the end of the cook time, I added some cornstarch to the gravy to thicken it a little more.  I served it with baked potatoes and although Wayne and Alise ate theirs seperately, I added the meat and gravy over my potato and it tasted just like McAllister's Pot Roast Potato!  Yummy!!  I carried leftovers to work the next day, and I think it was better even then!  By far, my favorite roast recipe! However, I would like to point out that this recipe is more for a shredded roast and not sliced.  I also think the recipe outcome is based on the type of roast you choose (the thicker the roast, the harder it is to shred).  So keep those two things in mind if you decide to make this. You can find the recipe by clicking on the link above or by visiting our family favorite Pinterest board HERE.  You'll see I've added some new recipes to that board as well.

Secondly, I hosted a brunch this past weekend for some friends of mine that were crazy enough to run a 5K in - what I call, sub zero temps - and I plan to post about it later this week, so make sure you come back for all the details and my menu.

What's on your menu this week?  Check out more menu plans and ideas at OrgJunkie.

I'm also linking up my menu this week for Mingle Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely need to try that slow cooker beef and broccoli. It looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete