Friday, March 20, 2015

The Last Five Things I Purchased

Happy Friday!  AND HAPPY SPRING!!  I am SO ready for the weekend!  This week has been crazy with St. Patrick's Day, homework, and softball tryouts. Our schedule has been a little off, so I'm looking forward to a very relaxing weekend.  In spite of the rain. Bleh!

Today I thought I'd share the last five things I've bought recently for my 5 on Friday post. Lately, I've been spending my lunch hour in the dressing rooms, it seems, because I've been picking up things here and there for the cruise. A friend is also having a Cabi party today and I plan to pick a few pieces from their spring collection as well.  

{one.} A few weeks ago, Sheaffer, who blogs at Pinterest Told Me To {a blog you really, really should follow...} posted about these leopard wedges and I nearly DIED, y'all!  This Leopard Queen was SO excited! Of course, I already have a pair of leopard wedges, but they are darker and I liked the lighter shade of the Uggs.


   
I gave myself a few days to think about it because I don't normally spend alot of money on shoes for the summer time, but after a few days, I went ahead and ordered them.  I couldn't wait for them to come in!  The day they arrived, I went to our bedroom and locked the door.  I didn't want to be bothered while I was trying on my wedges! Ha! But...unfortunately, I was very disappointed. They just didn't look like how I had envisioned them in my mind to look on my feet, if that makes any sense at all. I kept them for a few days and tried them on a few more times, but for the money, I just didn't want to make myself like them if I really didn't.  So back to Nordstrom's they went. I ordered these wedges yesterday.  Another PTMT favorite!


{two.} I have PTMT to thank for another recent purchase.  A few weekends ago, Sheaffer posted on IG about these jeans being on sale for 40% off.  I snagged them quick for our cruise to Hawaii in FOUR WEEKS!!  Eeek!  I thought they would make great "get-me-off-this-airplane-for-eight-hours" kinda pants {not looking forward to the long plane ride}.  I'm a cold natured person and I normally freeze on planes, movie theaters, and restaurants.  I love to layer, so wearing pants on the plane was a no brainer for me. When these jeans came in the mail this week, I was kinda disappointed by the color.  In Sheaffer's posts, they always look more "peachy" and "peachy" they were not!  They were more orangy - red.  I haven't decided whether or not I will keep them because I do love the distressed look of the jeans and the fit is perfect.

{three.} While I was in the mall on my lunch break last week, I decided to treat myself to a yellow cardigan that was on sale. It's not gold or mustard, just a soft yellow for spring.



Until this week, the weather here has been awful!  If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I got to day 7 before we ever saw a drop of sunshine last week! So gray and dreary and depressing, so I decided that I needed a little color in my life! A little sunshine! Yellow is not a color that I normally wear, but I've been searching on pinterest and there are some really cute ways to pull the color off and I plan on trying them soon!  I wore the cardigan over a gray t-shirt this past weekend when I took Alise and a friend to the movies.  It looked really cute!

{four.} The great mascara debate. So I mentioned last week that my trial size of They're Real was gone and although I liked the mascara, I just didn't feel like my lashes looked "full."  I bought this mascara to try over the next few months and after one day, I decided that I really, really liked it. My lashes look darker and they stand out more without being too dramatic.


{five.}  I did a little shopping at Old Navy last week, too.  ON tends to be a little "hit and miss" for me as some of the styles seem to be more for teens with the short shorts and snug tops.  I do love their dresses, though.  I did manage to snag a few items for the cruise! I bought these shorts in the floral and blush color.  I love the way they fit!


I got this top and even though the description says, "pink," it's more coral and peach to me.  I don't know what my obsession with peach is right now!



What new items have you bought for spring?

I'm linking up with these fabulous bloggers today.  Enjoy your first weekend of spring!!




25 comments:

  1. I am loving the floral look for summer. I have a pair of shorts and crop pants in pretty floral print all ready for my trip to Florida :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, I'm loving the florals this summer, too! I'm on a mission to find a floral skirt. I was in Target yesterday and they had a beautiful floral sheath dress, but it was black and I didn't want a black dress for spring. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Those are great wedges! I'm a flats kind of girl, but I love my leopard print flip flops. Love the Old Navy floral top - it looks so comfy. Have a great time in Hawaii! We're off to the beach in five weeks and I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Tonia! Yes! Our vacations can't get here soon enough!

      Delete
  3. those wedges are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shaunacey! Yes, the wedges are very cute, but unfortunately for me, they didn't go as well with my feet! Maybe it was the blue polish I had on my toes that day? Ha! Enjoy the weekend!

      Delete
  4. Have you tried MAC Haute & Naughty Mascara?? It is my absolutely favorite! I love those leopard wedges too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Katie, I have not tried that mascara. The only thing I were of MAC right now is their lipstick. I'll have to look into their mascara. Thanks for telling me about it! Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. I just got a pair of boyfriend jeans that are ripped up and holey. My husband said its wrong to pay for holey jeans...lol - but I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen! Thanks for stopping by! We must both be fans of the '80's! I think of ripped jeans and big hair! Ha!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm going to check out the blog you suggested - and now I am officially in the market ofr a new yellow cardigan. I love this time of year! :) PS...I'm a Bama fan, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, I knew we would get along! HA! Yes, I read on your profile (I think) that you were born in mid-Alabama in a town either with none or one traffic light. There's certainly nothing wrong with that! Roll Tide!!

      Delete
  7. Love Sheaffer, love a good cardigan, the leopard print wedge and I just might need to check out that mascara!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, stay tuned! I've got a couple of posts in the works next week with you in mind! One of them, I think you'll really like!

      Delete
    2. Oh I can't wait!!! Hope you have been having a great weekend!

      Delete
  8. The leopard wedges are awesome...no wonder you loved them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to stay away from Sheaffer's blog because she always has such cute stuff! I bought the jeans too, and I agree that the color is a little off, but I really like them. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How neat is that, Lana, that we have the same jeans!?

      Delete
  10. I'm loving all your new purchases! You have made me realize I need a yellow cardigan ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy and welcome! Hope you're having a great Sunday!

      Delete
  11. Loving the yellow cardigan!!! I'm sure you looked absolutely precious in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those wedges are to die for! I want to steal your style!! - Seri from serisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made my day, Seri! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty outfits. Love the yellow cardigan, everyone should have a yellow item in their wardrobe. A happy color. I just bought a new blouse, nautical cardigan (love that look) and of course spring clothes for the grandchildren. Can never stop buying for them.

    ReplyDelete