Monday, March 23, 2015

Mingle Monday

Y'all!  The Louisiana Crawfish Casserole was WONDERFUL last week!  It makes alot, so I took leftovers to work the next day!  Even if you're not a crawfish person, you can easily substitute shrimp instead.  DE-lish!

Our menu kinda took a turn at the end of last week, so I moved some things to this week.  I don't know about you, but I'm finding it harder to find things to cook lately.  It's like Spring is here and I'm really craving salads and lighter, grilled fare instead of the winter soups and pastas {Being a carb girl, I can't believe I said that!}.  Anyhoo! Here's our menu this week:

Sunday Crockpot Pork tenderloin, cheesy rice, and green bean bundles

Monday - Smothered Salisbury Steak, mashed potatoes, & corn

Tuesday - Chicken fajita quesadillas with salsa & sour cream

Wednesday - Dirty Rice

Thursday - YOYO

Friday - Daddy cooks!

SaturdayThree Cheese Ranch Chicken with sides

Strawberry season is nearly here and if I'm tired of comfort food, well, let me just say that I could NEVER be tired of dessert!  I've got fresh strawberry cake on the brain and I plan on baking one sometime within the next few weeks. I'll be sure to share the recipe, too, so check back!

For menu plan ideas, you can visit Laura at Orgjunkie.com.

In other non-menu news, I am so tired of this dreary weather we've been having here in Louisiana!  It rained all weekend!  For the entire month of March, we've maybe seen the sun three times and that's not three entire days! Thank goodness for some much needed sunny weather the first part of this week!  

So what's a girl to do on another wet, rainy weekend?  Well, I cleaned out my closet, of course, and said good-bye to fall and winter, and moved in the Spring clothes! Friday night, I ate a hamburger on a jalapeno bun to reward myself for walking 15 miles last week.  I took Alise to tumbling on Saturday and then bought groceries at our new Neighborhood Walmart. That night, Wayne and I had a spur-of-the-moment date night when Alise decided to spend the night at my parent's because her cousins are in town for the week. On Sunday, I picked Alise up and we went shopping for Spring and summer clothes for her.  We shopped for three hours and by the time I got home, I felt like I needed a stiff drink!  Shopping with a nine year old is definitely not my favorite way to spend a Sunday afternoon and I'm afraid that it's only going to get worse the older she gets!

Have a fun week!

I'm linking up with these blogs today!
Mingle 240      Oak + Oats


weekending




5 comments:

  1. These meals sound delicious! I can't wait to try the chicken fajitas. Such a great weeknight staple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brittany! The chicken fajitas is a new recipe for us this week. It's not something that I make alot so I'm really looking forward to an easy night with a meal that has lots of flavor! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken fajita quesidillas sound great! We love chicken fajitas, I just might have to try these instead one night! We are also hoping for nice warmer weather soon! I am itching to open my windows and get outside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a recipe on Wednesday with your name written all over it, Sandra! It's a dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you linked to recipes, I need to add some new ones to the rotation!

    ReplyDelete