Monday, February 23, 2015

Menu Plan Monday - February 23rd


So I wanted to update you on two recipes I tried last week.  If you remember, I planned to try two new recipes from Kimm's blog.  The Creamy Ranch Potatoes were WONDERFUL!  SO darn good!  My only suggestion would be to use a crock pot liner with this one.  Long story short, I had to make this recipe in my crackpot that cooks a little faster and I didn't have a liner, which made for a messy clean up.  I was worried about the potatoes scorching and after a few hours, I just dumped them in a regular casserole dish and finished baking them in the oven.  I added some grated cheddar cheese on top and they. were. awesome!

Her second recipe, Nacho Chicken and Rice Wraps were unbelievably awesome! Who needed a tortilla to wrap up this goodness?  I simply at it like a chicken and rice bowl!  Alise had it rolled up and ate one and a half!!  SO excited to have another option for Taco Tuesdays!!

Here's our menu for this week!

SundaySlow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops {It better be worth it!}

Monday - French Toast (my recipe) & Bacon

Tuesday - Taco Crescent Pie (scroll down for recipe)

Wednesday - Pioneer Woman's Comfort Meatballs & Cheese Grits

Thursday - Gumbo & Garlic Bread

Friday - Chili (one last time for ol' times sake)

Saturday - Jump Lump Crab cakes on Hawaiian Rolls 

Notice my Southern Diva comment regarding the pork chops.  That's more work than frying up "regular" chops, so yea!  It better be worth it!  I'll let you know next week.

Now about the crab cakes...Wayne and I LOVE to go to Mr. B's Bistro when we're in New Orleans and ever since I had a crab cake-on-a-bun back in November at Mistletoe Market, I've been wanting to try making these babies. I'm thinking of getting Mr. Horton in the kitchen with me and letting this be a meal that we do together.  You know, some wine, some music, just some good conversation.  

Sounds like the perfect Louisiana Saturday night to me!

Visit Orgjunkie for more menu and recipe ideas.

Happy Eating!

3 comments:

  1. You always have the best menus!! Gumbo is on my menu for tonight. Hopefully it will keep us warm since our heat pump is trying die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gumbo is perfect for today's evening weather! Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those crab cakes sound so yummy! Hubby makes really good gluten free ones.

    ReplyDelete