Friday, February 20, 2015

Five on Friday

Happy Friday Lovies!  This is one week I'm ready to put to rest!  How about you?

It's time for another edition of my top Five on Friday! Once a week, I like to share five things that I've found while internet surfing, blog reading, or pinteresting.  "Pinteresting's" a verb right?  Ha!  Here we go!

{one.} When I saw this article, I felt old.  Very old.  But if you're an 80's girl like me, you know what I'm talking about!  The coming of age movie classic, The Breakfast Club turns 30 this month.  WOW!!  Be sure to click on the link to see how the actors have changed since the movie.

'The Breakfast Club'

Of course, this movie would start off a slew of Molly Ringwald favorites like Sixteen Candles and Pretty In Pink. Special screenings of The B club will be showing on March 26th and 31st.  I wonder if I could talk Mr. Horton into a date night?

{two.} OPI has me on their mind, y'all!  A little birdie musta tol' them that I was headed to Hawaii in less than 60 days!  Whoop whoop!  I absolutley LOVE how OPI described this collection!  Read about it HERE and hopefully it will chase those winter blues away! Purple is my favorite color, so I can totally see that on my toes in the sand.  And I'm lovin' the peachy color, too.



OPI Hawaii Spring 2015 Nail Polish Collection


{three.} The Oscars are this Sunday.  Will you be watching?  I usually watch.  I especially watched last year because I wanted to see my main squeeze, Matthew McConaghey, win.  However, this year, I know absolutely NOTHING about the movies that were nominated, with the exception of American Sniper, and although I don't think the movie should win, I do feel that Bradley Cooper deserves a statue.  My favorite part of the night, of course, is seeing all the lovely dresses. Join me on Twitter Sunday night.  I'll be tweeting throughout the interviews on the red carpet and the show.

{four.} Earlier this week, Kayleigh posted about a fun website called, My Beauty Matches.  You really need to check it out if you're in the mood for trying new makeup products.  



Once you click on the site, you'll be asked a series of questions related to skin care, makeup, hair and fragrance, which roll into your individual profile.  Based on how you answered the profile questions, the site will choose the top three products for you. I found some new skin care products that I'm thinking about trying soon.

{five.}  I wanted to pass along two links I stumbled upon this week for name brand clothes at reduced prices. Maybe you've heard of them?  They are thredUP and Century21.  I haven't been able to spend a whole lot of time on either site yet, but I fully plan to this weekend since our weather here in Louisiana is cold and rainy.  We'll be going to Alise's school auction tonight and I'll be in the kitchen tomorrow evening, whipping up a batch of these Jambalaya Packets!  The perfect Cajun Saturday night to me!

Have a great weekend everyone!

P.S.  I posted earlier this week how I met Mr. Horton.  You can check it out by clicking HERE.




3 comments:

  1. OH, good beauty site! I've been looking for something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw that Breakfast Club was having its 30th anniversary, I felt sooo old! Love the new OPI colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I can relate, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete