Thursday, January 15, 2015

New Spring Trends

Last weekend, while Wayne was getting our tickets to see Unbroken, I stopped in Charming Charlie's to see what was new and to see if I could find a statement necklace.  I'm happy to report that even though there is still not a necklace in my life, there ARE some new fun, Spring trends headed our way!!  And just in time for our CRUISE, too!!  Yay!!

Here are just a few things that I saw!



This is the Hattie Rope Tank Top and I love it!  Even though I am not an orange person!  Ha!  It's very nautical looking and even though the picture looks like a black stripe, I'm thinking it was navy blue when I saw it in person.  I could be wrong.  I'm thinking I might have to snag this before April!

Knot-ical Infinity Scarf

I might as well just go ahead and say that I'm really digging anything nautical this spring!  Wasn't it last year that everyone seemed to be wearing the "anchors" and "whales"?  I love this Knot-ical Infinity Scarf but I think I would pair it up with navy or red instead of white.

Two-Tone Teardrop Earrings

You MUST check out these two-toned tear drop earrings!  There are so many color combinations!!



Okay.  The Hint of Mint and peach color schemes will have to grow on me.  I have a hard time looking at these two color combos and not being thown back into the late 80's/early 90's and remembering my mother's autrocious (now) wall papered kitchen!  But instead of the "country look," CC is bringing back these colors in a "sea life" motif.  Check it out and let me know what you think!

Kasen Lace Top

Y'all all know I'm all about some lace.  Check out this oh-so cute top from CC!  This is from the Rodeo Trend line.  I may have to snag this, too!

Laura Side Fringe Booties
These booties have my name written all over them!  Laura Side Fringe Booties.


Love, love, LOVE this Southwestern Snap Cuff!  Makes me just wanna drive out to Texas!  Ha!




I really want this Boxy Turnlock Crossbody!  It reminds me of the little black patton pill box purses I use to carry as a little girl to church.  Remember how they all had the turnlocks?  

You may be wondering if I buy alot of things from Charming Charlie's and the answer is no.  I do like to go in the store because I think their prices are reasonable and I like to get ideas.  I probably buy more apparel than I do jewelry or purses and I've had good experiences with their clothes.  My thing with jewelry is that I have my real pieces and I tend to stick with those.  Every now and then I'll add a piece of faux.  And even with faux pieces, I tend to wear the heck out of them and then they break or begin to look bad.  But it's fun to mix and match.

And while we're on the subject of trends, what are your thoughts about the new color of the year: Marsala?!  Looks like a shade of the old 80's/90's mauve to me!  What did I tell you about those country colors coming back?!  I'll have to get up close and personal with that color before I can decide.

Thank you all for your comments and emails about your Fitbits!  I'm still trying to decide.  I told someone that I haven't walked a mile since January 1st, but I'm hoping to start getting up at 5AM again next week because the temps look to be back in the middle 40's here.  Anything colder than that, I just can't handle! EXCEPT FOR TUESDAY!!  Tuesday is  my birthday and I absolutely refuse to exercise on that day!  I'm eating cake instead!!

And speaking of my BIRTHDAY, I bought myself a present yesterday!  I've seen this wrap cardigan on several blogs lately and I love it and since it was on sale, I couldn't pass it up!  I'm hoping it will come in before Tuesday!  

I won't be posting a Top 5 on Friday tomorrow because we will be heading to Alabama later this evening.  Wayne's Uncle passed away earlier this week and so we're traveling for the funeral.  Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. I love that blue scarf for spring. I have to admit I have never been to CC but one recently opened so I'll stop by soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tank top is so cute and a such a great price! That would be perfect for your cruise!

    I very rarely go to Charming Charlie but maybe I should start stopping by more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...loving those booties! And the hat...never wore hats before last summer and I fell in love with wearing one. I'm so darn ready for spring! At least we did get sun here today.

    ReplyDelete