Monday, January 05, 2015

Menu Plan Monday - January 5th

It's back to reality for us today.  Unfortunately.  Yes, the holidays are over. No more late nights, late mornings or being off schedule for us.  It's back to the daily grind.

And with that, I'm back to menu planning.  If you've never tried menu planning, I highly recommend it.  Planning nightly menus ahead of time is SO beneficial!  It cuts down on the number of times you have to go to the store AND it saves you money!  I really didn't think it could, but it really does!  Two things I never do now when I go to the grocery: 1) I never go hungry, and 2) I always have a list. I may change up the menu nightly, but we pretty much stick to the plan and it makes coming home in the evening so much nicer when I don't have to scrounge around for something in the pantry or freezer. 

To help ease us back into routine, I've planned family favorites this week! Most of these recipes can be found on my Horton Family Favorites Pinterest Board.  So here we go:

Sunday - Beef Tips & Rice, green bean bundles

Monday - General TSO Chicken

Tuesday - Shrimp Jambalaya, corn

Wednesday - YOYO

Thursday - Spaghetti & Meatballs with garlic bread

Friday - Pork chops with loaded mashed potatoes

Saturday - Date Night 

For more menu planning ideas, you can visit Laura's blog at Orgjunkie.com.

What's on your menu this week?

4 comments:

  1. It all sounds yummy! Today is our last day of break. I knew we'd be glad we had that 1/2 day of school the Monday before Christmas once this day rolled around. Nothing much on the agenda for today other than to enjoy it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shrimp jambalaya sure does sound great!! Love Cajun food:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I'm eating at your house this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our week go so much more smoothly when we meal plan. And, we spend less and waste less!

    ReplyDelete